Monday - Friday 08:30 - 17:00. Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2021
96 UCAS Tariff points, equivalent to 3 A levels at grades C/4, equivalent or above, including at least one STEM subject at A level or equivalent.
Equivalent UCAS Tariff points also accepted from BTEC Level 3 Diplomas and Access to HE Diplomas.
Minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C/4, equivalent or above, including maths and English.
- Understanding of Inclusion and Safeguarding
- Understanding of professional boundaries including the importance of working with sensitive and highly confidential information
- Excellent telephone manner with the ability to work with employers and other stakeholders regularly and in a professional way
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written including by email and by letter
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and on own initiative
- Good IT and creative skills
- Knowledge or understanding of business studies or marketing
- Knowledge or understanding of working or volunteering in an educational environment
- Experience of working or volunteering in educational environments
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to work independently and without supervision in the evenings on Reception
The postholder will undertake the following duties, although these may change.
- Working under the guidance of the Software Developer, prepare and produce basic reports, including the use of application specific reporting tools (ProMonitor, SSRS, SQL, LINQ etc).
- Working under the direction of the Information Systems Development Manager to support and maintain existing software/imports e.g. ProObserve, ProMonitor, Koha etc.
- Working under the direction of the Information Systems Development Manager to administrate and configure College software and systems e.g. ProMonitor, ProObserve and Moodle etc.
- Developing applications using a range of programming languages (depending upon the desired outcome) following a structured methodology and preparing appropriate documentation under the direction of the Information Systems Development Manager
- Developing applications using the .NET environment under the guidance of the Software Developer, following a structured methodology and preparing appropriate documentation
- Shadow the Software Developer and/or Information Systems Development Manager when they are liaising with staff and students to confirm requirements for new developments and reports in line with College requirements
- Assist the Software Developer with Integrating, maintaining, and developing various College systems, ensuring efficient workflow
- Assist the Information Systems Development Manager/Software Developer with creating and manipulating data using Excel, Access, SQL Server and other such applications
Support for Skills Improvement Centre:
- Work under the direction of the Information Systems Development Manager to support the learning resource centre at break and lunchtime and any other periods required
- Provide application support to staff and students whilst based in the learning resource during break and lunch times
All employees have a duty for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young persons. Staff must be aware of the College’s procedures for raising concerns about children's welfare and must report any concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Lead without delay. Staff must also ensure they attend the appropriate level of safeguarding children training identified by the College as relevant to their role.
The closing date for this job offer is on 12/05/2021
This job is located in Great Yarmouth
More Information and How to Apply
About East Norfolk Sixth Form College
East Norfolk is a vibrant and successful sixth form college and the college of choice for over 1600 students.