Applications for this role are now closed.
Employment: Permanent – Full time 37 hours per week
Location: Combination of home and office working in Wisbech
Tapping into your potential. Are you looking for a career that builds upon your digital skills and qualifications? If you have a flair for discovery, problem solving and experimentation, we’d love to hear from you...
“Starting work under an apprenticeship at Anglian Water is one of the best opportunities in the Wisbech area. The favourite part about this apprenticeship is that everyone within Anglian Water is so nice and easy to get along with, which makes my project meetings enjoyable and not daunting, this is great for someone who has not been in the industry very long. Some of the projects you most likely will be doing is low-code app development, building reports and dashboards in Power BI and using Power Automate to automate simple and time consuming tasks. If you want to be in the tech industry and you are from around this area like me, but don’t think university is for you, definitely give this apprenticeship a second look.” Current Digital Apprentice.
Anglian Water are looking for the next generation of Apprentices to join the Asset Intelligence Team working out of our brand new, cutting edge digital office at Awdry House in Wisbech. The office is part of our on-going commitment to Wisbech through our work with Business in the Community (BiTC). It will not only offer the location for your placement learning, but also the opportunity for future employment with Anglian Water and its partners.
What will you be doing?
On our exciting Level 4 Digital Apprenticeship programme you’ll work alongside an experienced team, utilising new technologies that will make a real difference in the business as well as attending the College of West Anglia on day release. Working at the heart of our digital transformation, you’ll help facilitate the delivery of business-critical information whilst being supported by digital experts across our business. You’ll have the opportunity to work with the latest tech such as virtual reality, not to mention there’s also a swanky pool table in the office space!
In doing so, you’ll gain valuable skills and experience that will enable you to:
- Understand how we work and operate, and suggest recommendations on how to improve current processes
- Number crunching and data analysis to provide insights into how we operate
- Develop bespoke programmes and apps to help improve efficiency
- Developing innovative solutions to complex problems
- Work with GIS (Arc, Hexagon, MapInfo) and SAP
- Generate reports and present data to a variety of audiences for practical business use
It’s a great opportunity to learn all about the water industry and how it operates. This apprenticeship will also give you the chance to learn new skills and be a part of a team that delivers tangible outputs. If you have lots of enthusiasm and wish to kick-start your working career with a team of like minded people in an environment at the forefront of technology, please apply now!
As a valued employee, you’ll be entitled to:
- Personal private health care
- 23 days annual leave – rising with length of service
- Flexible working
- Competitive pension scheme – Anglian Water double-matches your contributions up to 6%
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing and lifestyle.
What does it take to be a Digital Apprentice?
- 3 A-Levels including Maths (or equivalent)
- A full UK driving licence with the flexibility to travel
- High level of self motivation and demonstrate a willingness to learn
- Passionate about technology and data
- Strong investigation and critical thinking skills
Why Anglian Water?
The Future Development team are always exploring ways to make better use of the data we hold and the technology available. They look to exploit the existing resources we have available while also looking to push the innovative boundaries of new technologies, we provide a structured approach to testing new solutions unconstrained by conventional thinking.
Interview & Assessment centre dates: June TBC
The closing date for this job offer is on 23/05/2021
£19,000 per annum, plus fantastic benefits and support!
This job is located in Awdry House, Wisbech
More Information and How to Apply
About Anglian Water
We’re in the business of ‘loving every drop’. That means making sure that 1.1 billion litres of clean and safe drinking water is delivered to homes and businesses, everyday using enough pipeline to wrap around the world three times! And the story doesn’t stop...