Grace Cook Primary School and Nursery is a education setting providing care and education for children from 2 to 11 years old. (The
School and Nursery opened in September 2023) The Nursery has a capacity of 60 children and the main primary
school 210 pupils. The Nursery offer two rooms - Moon room for 2yr olds and Star room for 3-4 yrs olds.
It is housed in brand new state of the art buildings with a beautiful safe, enclosed grassed and hard court areas. We are open from 7.45
- 6.00pm Mon - Friday (48 weeks a year for the Nursery).
In the Early Years at Grace Cook, children learn within a safe and secure learning environment that equips them for the educational
journey ahead. We ensure children are given a range of highly engaging and motivating play-based learning experiences which
enable them to become confident and independent learners.
Grace Cook Primary School and Nursery opened in September 2022. We are looking for right staff who will have the creativity and energy to help shape and grow the school as part of the Grace Cook team and also enjoy working in collaboration with other Trust Schools (Part of Orwell Multi Academy Trust). Looking for a Early Years Educator apprentice.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Take part in training sessions with other apprentices; creating a supportive and nurturing environment for you to learn in
- Support children's development, learning and play
- Develop a great understanding of the EYFS and safeguarding procedures
- Work as part of a nurturing and supportive nursery team, contributing to the effective implementation of the nursery's daily routine
- Promote positive relationships with parents, children and your nursery team
- Take part in our 5 school - led training days
- Take part in additional training days that are specifically tailored to our Apprentices
- Be part of a fantastic, forward thinking multi academy trust and school
A minimum of 5 GCSEs including Maths and English, Grade C or above or 4/5 (new grading).
- Communication skills
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Team working
- Non judgemental
Training to be Provided
The learner will be studying the Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard qualification.
Day release to West Suffolk College
Functional skills will be studied if equivalent qualifications are not held.
Things to consider
We will also require you to complete a DBS check. At Grace Cook, we offer fantastic career development opportunities. After you complete your Level 3 qualification, you may have the opportunity to continue you career with Grace Cook Nursery and become an Early Years Educator. Free uniform and 28 days holiday provided.
It is up to you what you do when you have finished your apprenticeship. There may be an opportunity to stay on at Grace Cook Nursery as a Educator and progress to the next level of apprenticeship or you may want to look for a new job or professional development opportunity.
The closing date for this job offer is on 08/01/2024
£ 10187 per year
This job is located in Stowmarket, Suffolk
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.