Thriving ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted rated home-based childcare setting located in the village of Linton. We provide childcare for children on a ratio of one adult to 3 children aged from 0-4 years during the day in addition to 3 children aged from 5-7 years, before and after school.
There is an opportunity for an Early Years apprentice to join the team.
We are a long established childcare setting, welcoming applications from an enthusiastic and dedicated ‘Early Years’ apprentice to join our team in caring for babies and children aged 0-11 years. The apprentice will assist in the care of the children and work effectively as part of a small team. The apprentice will be supported by vastly experienced colleagues and the manager, providing them with the required skills and experience to become a childcare professional who can play a key role in ensuring that young children learn and develop in a safe and caring environment.
Daily duties include:
- Create a warm and welcoming environment.
- Communicating effectively with and working within a team, maintaining positive relationships and developing productive teamwork.
- A willingness to learn new skills- observing, reflecting and evaluating.
- Leaning skills in identifying and meeting children's needs- individually and within a group.
- An awareness of health and safety within the setting with the ability to report any hazards. Understand the importance of risk assessments.
- To follow and understand the settings safeguarding procedures and policies, attending training when necessary.
- Set up, tidy away and prepare areas for the follow day.
- Assist children in day-to-day independent skills and toileting needs (after supervision and guidance from staff).
- A willingness to continue with training to aid both your personal and the nursery development.
GCSE grade 4/C, or equivalent, in English and Maths desired.
Level 2 Early Years qualification is essential to be complete a Level 3 apprenticeship.
Good communication and organisational skills.
Teamwork and co-operation with other staff members.
Self-management – Time management and a readiness and willingness to improve own performance.
Empathy and patience.
Enthusiastic and energetic with a genuine desire to work with young children.
Training to be Provided
Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprentice
Things to consider
There is an expectation for staff to remain on the premises throughout the day including lunchtime where lunch is eaten with the children but paid in full. The apprentice may be required to work off premises on day trips or outings and assisting with school drop-offs and pick-ups.
On the completion of the apprenticeship there may be the opportunity for the individual to become a permanent member of staff with increased pay and ongoing training opportunities.
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/06/2021
£162 per week
This job is located in Cambridge, Cambs
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.