About the employer
The setting is a Montessori school and at present has three full time members of staff and are at present supported by volunteers.
The school was established in 1985 and has an Outstanding Ofsted report (2015) and is currently due for an inspection.
The school is also an accredited Montessori school. The setting can accommodate 26 children per day with ages ranging from 2.5 – 5 years. There is indoor and outdoor access for the children throughout the year and staff are expected to work in both environments when necessary.
The school is located in a village hall in Colney opposite the Spire hospital (approximately 2 miles from the city centre) with regular buses passing the location, there is also parking on the premises.
Monday to Thursday 8.30 - 4pm and Friday 8.30am - 1.30pm, with breaks. Total hours per week: 35.00
The Norwich Montessori School Ltd require an Early Years Educator who is willing to embrace the Montessori ethos and method of teaching. The post will require the individual to work in a small dedicated team working closely together and must be willing to work within all areas of the classroom, initially observing Montessori practice alongside the day to day routine and attending to the children’s basic needs.
Main duties and tasks include:
- To assist in the preparation of the classroom and checking the classroom is ready for the next day
- To always consider and reflect on Montessori practice
- To feel free to ask for assistance if unsure of the correct procedure
- To respect and model their colleagues principles and methods of teaching
- To actively encourage children’s progress in all areas of development, types and stages of play, by interaction and extension of play activities if necessary
- To be involved in activity planning and record keeping
- To attend training as requested. Safe guarding, Paediatric First Aid, EYFS training and any other training available through Norfolk County Council
- To ensure high standards of hygiene and safety are maintained at all times
- To support the work and beliefs of the setting by helping to create an environment that promotes open and equal opportunities for children and adults
- To ensure that any information received concerning the children is kept confidential at all times
- To encourage the participation and involvement of all children attending the setting within the Montessori ethos
- To be flexible with the working practices of the setting
- To be prepared to help in any areas of the setting, with domestic duties or other duties as specified by the manager or owner
- To be polite and thoughtful towards the children, parents and staff
The closing date for this job offer is on 14/10/2018
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.