Teversham Primary School are looking for an Early Years Educator Apprentice to support the aims and objectives of Teversham Pre-School and Early Years and assist the Early Years Lead and Deputy managers in providing a high quality establishment for early years children.
We ranked 1st in the "Rate My Apprenticeship" Central & Greater London Employers Award 2021-22 and 3rd in the list of Top 100 employers 2022-23 Inspire ATA Ltd specialise in working with a wide range of clients (nationwide) that want to take on excellent apprentices. Our vision is to "inspire ambition and widen horizons". You should be aware that Teversham Primary School is a host employer, and you will not be employed by them, you will be employed by Inspire ATA.
Vacancy Ref: VAC1000204086
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To promote the aims and objectives of Teversham Pre-School and to exemplify and promote the high standards of the Pre-School to parents, staff and visitors at all times.
- To ensure the provision of high standards of physical and emotional care.
- To ensure that the welfare and safety of children is paramount within the setting and that any child protection concerns are always immediately and appropriately acted upon, following Teversham Primary School’s Safeguarding Policy and LSCB guidelines.
- To act as a key person to a small group of children, liaising closely with and building effective realtionships with parents/ carers and ensuring each child’s needs are recognized and met.
- To assist with the planning and of the curriculum using the EYFS Statutory framework to teach and support children to make progress in all areas of the curriculum.
- To help set up and tidy away at the end of the session.
- To attend relevant training/conferences/meetings to support professional development, keeping up-to-date with childcare/education practice.
- To assist with the preparation and maintenance of materials and equipment and to ensure high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times.
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children, having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures, and medical histories.
- To identify and help meet the needs of children with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) alongside the EY SENCo. To guide all team members with the early identification and intervention for children who may benefit from additional support regarding their physical, emotional and social development.
- To ensure confidentiality of all information received.
- To maintain adequate records and up to date documentation as requested by the Pre-School manager.
- To liaise and facilitate close partnership working with parents, other family members and staff to help ensure that the particular needs of children are met and that parental choice is considered in terms of care given.
- To liaise with outside agencies as required.
- To actively participate in staff meetings, planning meetings, parents’ evenings, fundraising events and training sessions outside normal working hours, as required.
- Eligible for an NUS card for discounts in shops and restaurants
- Eligible for an apprenticeship oyster card, 30% off travel
- Discount on Nandos, ASOS, Vue cinema and much more
- Earn while you learn
- No debt
- Automatic rise in pay after 12 months
- Prizes and vouchers to be won (apprentice of the month)
- Secure a job with little or no experience
- Remote learning
- Paid twice a month
Training to be provided
Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship standard qualification
Apprentices must successfully complete a first aid qualification in line with the requirements of the EYFS Framework (Annex A): Early years foundation stage (EYFS) statutory framework - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk).
Early years educator / Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education
Functional Skills English and Maths if required
Blended on/off the job training and location to be confirmed
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4 or Level 2 equivalent) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or Level 2 equivalent) Desired
Desired skills and qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Presentation skills, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Willing to learn, Reliable, Caring, Experience with children
Things to consider
Please be aware that upon a successful offer of employment the company completes digitalised right-to-work checks and DBS applications via an external provider - Vetting.Com. The company also completes an internal online social media search, in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance. Please google the location prior to applying.
Possible full-time employment for the right candidate
The closing date for this job offer is on 05/01/2024
£9,360.00 Pay increase after 12 months
This job is located in Cambridge, Cambs
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.