About the employer
Cliff Lane Primary School is a successful and popular school serving the Rivers Estate and an area including Fore Hamlet and Bishops Hill, as well as part of Nacton Road and part of Landseer Road. It is a co-education day school with a purpose built attached nursery. 400+ pupils.
SUFFOLK NEW COLLEGE
Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 3.30pm with half an hour unpaid lunch. 39 weeks per year. Total hours per week: 32.50
Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability. Ideally, applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs (or equivalent) including English and maths at grades 9- 4/A*-C for a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship and 9-3/A*-D for a Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship.
Proof of qualifications will be required before you can be accepted onto the apprenticeship.
** Please note - All applicants will be emailed an Initial Assessment to complete as part of the recruitment procedure. This is an online assessment in English and maths and can be completed at your preferred location remotely. Currently, due to COVID19, we are not usually offering Initial Assessment appointments at either campus.
Those without the stated entry requirements or awaiting GCSE retake grades, will be offered further advice and guidance to support their application and may be invited into one of the campuses to complete the assessments on site.
Duties will include:
Teaching and learning:
- Liaise closely with teachers and other relevant agencies regarding work set for an individual or group
- Effectively communicate the work set by the class teacher to the children and ensure that the children are aware of the teacher's expectations
- Encourage children to interact and work co-operatively with others to ensure each is engaged on the set task
- Provide appropriate support to allow access to the curriculum
- Assist with the development and implementation of individual education plans
- Observe and report on children's performance and update relevant records at agreed time intervals if required
- Work in partnership with the class teacher to manage children's behaviour and maintain an appropriate working environment in accordance with the school’s behaviour policy
- Take lead responsibility for monitoring individual reward charts
- Promote inclusion within the classroom and within the school
- Report to teachers on the behaviour of children during lessons and any issues arising
- Assist with setting out learning materials
- Support class teachers with general administrative tasks as required to support teaching and learning
- Collect work after the lesson and hand over to the class teacher as appropriate
Standards and quality assurance:
- Contribute to the overall ethos, aims and work of the school
- Be aware of, uphold and contribute towards the school's policies and procedures
- Establish and promote productive relationships with children, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
- Work with the class teacher to communicate and establish constructive relationships with other professionals in order to support pupils learning and progress
- Ensure that the health, safety and welfare is maintained at all times
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Observe data protection guidelines
- Understand and comply with the school's equal opportunities policy
- Promote the social and emotional development of children
- Provide comfort and immediate care in case of minor incidents and report serious incidents to the appropriate person for action
- Deal with any immediate problems or emergencies in accordance with the school's policies and procedures
- Accompany teaching staff and children on educational visits
- Participate in appropriate school based meetings and training activities
- Take an active part in appraising your work against agreed priorities and targets in accordance with the school's performance management
- Embrace any other duties that may reasonably be regarded as within the responsibilities and grade of the post
- Carrying out any other instructions given by the Headteacher and deputy head teacher within reason
* Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and warmly welcomed.
* Cliff Lane Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to a DBS check.
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/10/2020
To be agreed upon appointment
This job is located in Ipswich, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Suffolk New College
Suffolk New College isn’t just a great place to learn – it’s a launch pad for your future. With top quality teaching staff and facilities, we’ll help you prepare for academic and career success.