Monday to Friday - 40 hours per week/8 hours per day. Total hours per week: 40.0
WEST SUFFOLK COLLEGE
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Practical mind-set, Understand safe working
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Test electrical equipment and parts for continuity, current, voltage, and resistance.
- Fault finding and minor installs, repairs, or replaces motors and drives, transformers, motors and hydraulic and gas electrical controls.
- Installs, repairs or replaces generators and industrial storage batteries. Corrects connections and wiring on equipment controls.
- Works on electrical failures & replaces components
- Installs electrical circuits and panels.
(All tasks under supervision of a control engineer until fully trained)
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training will be provided by West Suffolk College. Candidates will attend one day per week. We offer full onsite support in addition to mentoring from our central learning and development team and past apprentices. Following the completion of the Apprenticeship, the successful candidate will receive a level 3 qualification in Electrical Maintenance and Installation.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We really value our people and pride ourselves on our loyal team and growing talent. We genuinely see apprenticeships as a good career opportunity. Upon successful completion there is a high chance of continuing your career with us and current progress routes include Approved Electrician, Controls Engineer and supervisory roles.
The closing date for this job offer is on 22/07/2020
This job is located in Ipswich, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.