RAF Mildenhall,is a Royal Air Force (RAF) station located near Mildenhall in Suffolk, England.
Despite its status as a Royal Air Force station, it primarily supports United States Air Force (USAF) operations, and is currently the home of the 100th Air Refueling Wing (100 ARW).
On 8 January 2015, the United States Department of Defense announced that operations at RAF Mildenhall would end and be relocated to Germany (Spangdahlem Air Base) and elsewhere within the UK. After a period of uncertainty it was confirmed in July 2020 that the relocation of operations would no longer take place and that Mildenhall would remain open until at least 2027
They provide local employment to UK residents as part of their civilian workforce and are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer and are offering a Recruitment incentive of £333 is payable bi-weekly over 4 years (104 pay periods), subject to conditions and pro rata
You will serve as a senior professional electrical engineer, performing operations and maintenance (O&M) duties for the 100th Civil Engineering Support in support of RAF Mildenhall. You will perform
O&M engineering which includes the maintenance, repair, upgrade and operation of electrical circuits, equipment and systems to infrastructure facilities, including utility systems at a large and complex military installation using professional knowledge of electrical engineering. Develop, test, manage and/or oversee the preparations of plans and programs for mission essential electrical generation and
distribution systems. Perform preliminary electrical engineering analysis on large and complicated projects and determine short and long range requirements for replacement of existing complex and
major electrical systems and equipment. Through surveys and research, investigate what needs to be done to ensure systems and facilities meet current and future mission requirement, taking into account improvements in reliability, flexibility, maintainability and reduced energy consumption. Serve as consultant and provide professional advice on all electrical engineering aspects of O&M projects and provide electrical engineering support to trades and crafts shops. In conjunction with the primary duty of O&M, on a less frequent basis you will perform work in the construction management, design and programming of base development functions and coordinate project with engineers in other disciplines and with architects. You will comply with health, safety and environmental rules and procedures and perform work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment.
Knowledge and Experience Required
• Applicants must hold a minimum of HND/HNC/BTEC, City and Guilds, NVQ level 3, or equivalent qualification in an appropriate discipline. Please provide a copy of your certification with
Applicants must demonstrate the following;
• Professional knowledge and engineering concepts, principles and practices and extensive familiarity with other engineering disciplines and architecture.
• A familiarity with a broad range of engineering and construction standards, methods, practices, materials and equipment.
• Knowledge of automated data processing concepts and systems capabilities to effectively accomplish assigned functions.
• Knowledge of health, safety and environmental requirements.
• An ability to plan, conduct and record site/facility surveys and inspections. Research, analyse, interpret, and apply rules, regulations and procedures to a variety of situations and to recommend timely and economical solutions.
• An ability to plan, organise and coordinate work with other engineering disciplines and architects.
• An ability to maintain good working relations.
Other Important Information
• May act as project liaison with other design agencies, shop personnel, engineers and contractors.
• The work will require the employee to drive a motor vehicle. Minimum category ‘B’ driving licence will be required for this position. Please provide a copy of your licence with your application.
• Overtime/out of hours may be required but is not guaranteed, all on call duties should be understood as part of the job but cannot be guaranteed.
• May be assigned other duties not included in this position description, but that are appropriate to the grade and skill set of the incumbent.
• May be required to travel by military or commercial aircraft to attend necessary training or in the performance of duties.
• Will be required to wear personal protective equipment when performing on-site inspections or as and when required.
• Position may be coded as mission essential.
• Paid Annual Leave
• Paid Sick Leave
• Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance Scheme
Who Can Apply
Citizens of the U.K., Nationals of European Community (EC) Countries, and Commonwealth Citizens, other Foreign Nationals, and Stateless persons provided no restrictions have been imposed as a condition of continued residency in the UK.
Applicants who have a minimum of five years consecutive residency in the UK are considered for this position; however, those who do not meet this criteria will be considered on a case-by-case basis. All successful applicants will require a security clearance.
Please note pre-appointment security clearance requirements may delay start date.
Proof of identification in the form of a photo ID will be required, for example a driving licence or current passport.
This position may have certain restrictions to US citizens due to the Status of Forces Agreement.
For additional information contact the LNDH team on 01638 544955.
How To Apply
Interested candidates must complete an application form obtainable from the Civilian Personnel
All applications, with relevant attachments and CV must be submitted via email to email@example.com and received prior to the closing date.
Equal Opportunity Employer
There will be no discrimination in employment practices based on gender, age, marital status, disability, race, nationality, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation, being or not being a member of a trade union
The closing date for this job offer is on 28/02/2021
£18.58 per hour
This job is located in Mildenhall, Suffolk
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.