About the employer
As a well-respected Employer; we provide a range of services to a variety of existing buildings and new projects. We can also cater for testing and commissioning of any installation.
Customer satisfaction is our top priority and all of our employees are professional, friendly, honest, and polite. We guarantee all of our work and carry out each job safely, diligently and efficiently to ensure that clients receive high quality, cost effective workmanship that fully meets their needs and expectations.
Please note this employer has requested that Applicants do NOT contact them directly regarding this vacancy, instead please contact their chosen Training Provider, JTL, for any information on free phone 0800 0852 308
Any application or CV sent to the employer directly will not be considered and could invalidate your application for this vacancy.
Days and times to be confirmed. Total hours per week: 37.50
The electrical contracting industry is part of the construction industry and therefore electrician’s are generally responsible for the installation of electrical services, both inside and outside buildings and structures such as Stadium, Warehouses, Hotels, Hospitals, Schools, Factories etc.
You will gain a broad range of technical knowledge and practical skills to enable them to carry out their work safely and correctly.
To role will enable you to
- Assist a skilled Electrician by supplying materials, equipment, and tools at the scene of jobs.
- Participate in laying, pulling and stringing cables and in installing full containment systems.
- Participate as a trainee in the installation, maintenance, and repair of wiring systems and other electrical fixtures and electric or electronic equipment.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
Some of the things that an apprentice electrician will be expected to do are:
- Perform assigned tasks with a minimum of supervision.
- Perform heavy manual labour requiring manual dexterity under varying weather conditions.
- Perform physical inventory of materials.
- Use calibrated instruments to measure electrical current and voltages.
- Draw, interpret and read graphic instructions such as blueprints, schematic drawings, layouts, or other visual aids.
- Comprehend and make inferences from written material.
- Use common hand tools, such as hammers, saws, screwdrivers, or similar tools.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
- Working from technical plans and drawings in the installation of lighting, sockets and switches and in the maintenance of electrical appliances • ensuring the safe use of electrical installations through periodic testing in accordance with health and safety regulations • identifying faults and administering repairs to faulty electrical equipment.
- Work indoors and outdoors and be prepared to work at height
- Be prepared to travel away from home
- Develop good working relationships with people
- Understand wiring and circuit diagrams
- Inspect and test electrical installations
- Diagnose and rectify faults on a range of circuits and equipment
- Write reports
As you can see, the job of the electrician is varied and interesting and can offer a challenging career.
Consequently, the training programme that you will be following as a JTL apprentice has been designed to help you by meeting and delivering training to these standards and expectations.
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/04/2019
This job is located in Ipswich, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.