Full Time: 39.00 hours per week.
DESCRIPTION: You will install, repair, troubleshoot, and maintain various electrical systems, controls, and equipment base wide plus initial and periodic Electrical Inspection, Testing, and Certification within domestic, industrial and hazardous area installations including Lighting Protection and associated infrastructure within the squadron.
In your application please provide detailed work experience as it relates to the required competencies listed below, as this will be used to determine your qualification for this position.
- Knowledge of safety regulations, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of technical practices in order to plan, layout, install, modify, troubleshoot, and repair and inspect and test a variety of complete systems.
- Knowledge of electrical and electronic theory and instruments used in shop and trade practices, and of electrical equipment, i.e., test lamps, multimeters, circuit analyzers, circuit breaker testers, voltage recording meters, meggers, watt meters, ohmmeters, and ammeters.
- Skill in using and maintaining hand tools such as, screwdrivers, pliers, wire cutters, strippers, cable pullers, drills, watt meters, ohmmeters, and ammeters.
- Skill in troubleshooting and tracing hard-to-locate defects or problems
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS:
- Position requires the ability to discern colors, contrast and depth. A pre-employment physical is required for this position.
- A current/valid UK driving license, Category B is required for this position.
- City and Guilds/NVQ Level 3 Award in the requirements Electrical Installation BS-7671.
- You will be expected to obtain ATEX/DSEAR awareness training certification within 1 year.
- First Aid training for electric shock and fire safety training is required.
- May work with hazardous materials such as asbestos or accumulated waste. Employee will be required to wear protective clothing and gear on these occasions.
- Emergency overtime work may be required.
The closing date for this job offer is on 25/10/2019
13.64 per hour + Recruitment Incentive (subject to conditions)
This job is located in RAF Lakenheath, Brandon, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Civilian Personnel Office
The Civilian Personnel Office offers a full range of strategic human resource support to the United Kingdom, and Norway. Support is given to appropriated funded, Ministry of Defence, and Local National Direct Hire employees. We provide world class service thro...