About the employer
Founded in 1940, ERIKS has developed over the years into the leading-edge, innovative multi-product specialist and solutions provider to general industry. Our experience, market know-how and state-of-the-art production facilities allow us to develop new, custom solutions and techniques that improve performance and create cost savings for our customers.
Monday to Friday. Total hours per week: 37.50
As an Engineering Apprentice you will be working in an Engineering workshop environment, repairing maintaining and monitoring a wide range of rotating electrical and mechanical equipment including motors, gearboxes and pumps and associated equipment.
Whilst studying for a Level 3 Engineering Technical you will learn and follow good engineering practices covering the following elements:
- Comply with H&S standards
- Read and interpret relevant data and documentation used to repair and maintain components, equipment and systems
- Understand fault diagnostic methods, techniques and equipment used when maintaining equipment and systems
- Understand how to minimise machinery downtime by implementing planned predictive & preventative maintenance programmes
- Work as part of a team in the workshop, developing skills for rewinding, repairing electro mechanical equipment, motors, gearboxes and pumps
- Learn how to use mechanical and electrical fault finding techniques
- Contribute to the maintenance of Health and Safety in the workplace
- Promote good housekeeping for an efficient working environment
Over time, we will continue to support in your development and skills which will in time see you contribute to the provision of complete build, repair and preventative maintenance solutions for electronic, electrical and mechanical systems, from small servomotors to the largest power generation systems.
The closing date for this job offer is on 25/11/2018
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.