Reports to: Project Manager
Hours: 8.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday; 1hr break unpaid (no set time). Flexibility – additional hours might be required when working on the road and during busy periods.
Overtime: Refer to contract
Salary: £22K - £25K – initial 6 months contract with view to become permanent depending on individual suitability and company workload.
About the Company: Established in 2002., EcoCooling is the largest manufacturer and distributor of fresh air direct evaporative coolers in the UK. There are currently over 3,500 EcoCooler installations worldwide.
About the Role:
Entry level Engineering Assistant position in our technical department. This will be a varied job role where no two days are the same.
Assisting the Commissioning, R&D Projects and Software team with:
- Onsite commissioning and maintenance
- Software testing
- Technical support
- R&D projects
- Product testing
- Setting up test rigs.
- · Maintaining the workshop.
- · Basic fault finding (initially under guidance).
- · Basic prototype development (initially under guidance).
- · Assistance in the manufacturing side of the business if and when required (training provided).
· Basic electrical and mechanical knowledge.
· Ability to use tools such as: spanners, screwdrivers, drills, rivet gun, electrical multi-meter, soldering iron.
· Must hold current UK driving license due to location of the business and requirement to visit customer sites.
· Practical individual.
· Provide technical assistance to production, to assist with pre-programming of units where necessary.
· GCSE grade C (4) or above in Maths, English and Science (or equivalent qualifications).
· Reliable attendance and time keeping.
· Ability to work as part of a team, but also using own initiative.
· Willingness to learn with acute attention to detail.
· Must be eligible to live and work indefinitely in the UK to apply for this role, VISA sponsorship will NOT considered or entered into.
· Basic Microsoft Word and Excel awareness and able to use a computer.
A Note About Job Descriptions at EcoCooling
Our Job Descriptions are not intended to be a complete detailed account of all activities. We’re a small business operating in a fast-moving and competitive global environment, and we need employees to be flexible about their Roles and Responsibilities.
Contract and Job description will be reviewed on a yearly basis.
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/07/2022
£22,000 - £25,000
This job is located in Risby, Suffolk
About EcoCooling Ltd
About Us At EcoCooling our mission is to save the country 1% on its total energy bill. That’s equivalent to shutting down a power station! Established in 2002, EcoCooling is the largest manufacturer and distributor of fresh air direct evaporative coolers in...