Entry Level Quality Engineer (Job Number: 273826)
About Textron Specialized Vehicles
Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of golf cars, utility and personal transportation vehicles, and ground support equipment. Textron Specialized Vehicles markets products under the E-Z-GO®, Cushman®, Bad Boy®, TUG™ and Douglas™ brands; Its vehicles are found in environments ranging from golf courses to factories, airports to planned communities, and theme parks to hunting preserves.
About Textron Inc.
Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) is a multi-industry company that leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative solutions and services. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna, Beechcraft, Hawker, Jacobsen, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO, Greenlee, Textron Systems, and TRU Simulation + Training. For more information, visit: www.textron.com.
The Quality Engineer will support the Company's quality efforts by working with internal customers to resolve quality-related issues and ensure customer satisfaction on whole goods. The successful candidate will work with shop floor personnel to identify and resolve quality and productivity issues. Under the direction of their supervisor, you will be responsible for performing inspection or auditing of finished assembled units, kits, purchased parts and accessories to determine conformity to specifications.
The projects/tasks will be varied, allowing you to gain a broad understanding of the function. They will include, but are not limited to:
- Performs product or process troubleshooting as necessary, assist direct personnel with same. Interfaces with Design Engineering, Quality Engineering, Purchasing or other groups on issues pertaining to product acceptance or rejection;
- Enters data into computer database in Oracle, Excel or other data collection software as necessary;
- Work with limited supervision;
- Communicate well with others and work in a manner to support a team environment;
- Assists in the analysis and disposition of non-conforming material. Including administering & follow-up of Corrective Actions, and repeat issues;
- Observe and analyze current methods, processes and make recommendations to bring about improved process/product quality, work simplification and cost reduction;
- Using input from field data/customers and internal non-conforming material as well as other pertinent sources regarding product quality, develops and implements plans to control and monitor quality improvements;
- Provides assistance to the factory to improve quality and increase productivity;
- Works with plant resources to meet monthly and annual key metrics.
- You should be educated to degree level in an Engineering related field;
- Knowledge of metals related manufacturing processes, assembly, testing, and inspection technologies;
- Prior internships/placements/work experience in Engineering roles is advantageous;
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills;
- IT literate;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
The closing date for this job offer is on 19/04/2019
This job is located in Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Ransomes Jacobsen Ltd
Ransomes Jacobsen Ltd is part of Textron Inc, a multi-industry company operating within the aircraft, defence, industrial, and financial industries. Textron employ 33,000 people in 25 countries. Based in Ipswich (UK) and Charlotte (USA), Ransomes Jacobsen pro...