Applications for this role are now closed.
To deliver Environmental Courses to Key Stages 2 & 3, GCSE and AS/A2 Level students. To lead challenging Adventure Activities including for example Archery, Team Challenge and Climbing. To support other Kingswood departments as required.
Key role responsibilities and accountabilities
• To deliver Kingswood Environmental studies to a pre-defined standard.
• Assist with the development of new environmental field studies.
• When not delivering the Environmental studies programmes, to also assist with the delivery of a variety of outdoor and classroom based sessions which may include:
- Water Sports (e.g. Kayaking, Raft building)
- Rope Activities (e.g. Climbing, Abseiling, High ropes course)
- Motor Sports (e.g. Quad biking, Go-Karting)
- Target Sports (e.g. Archery, Fencing)
- Classroom Sessions (e.g. ICT sessions)
- Field Games/Fun Fillers (e.g. sports nights, circus skills, evening entertainment)
• Group leading – customer service contact and liaison with party leader of assigned group to ensure programme requirements are met
• Liaise with other instructors working with the same group to ensure that the delivery of the programme is consistent.
• Effectively manage field equipment when off site, safely return field equipment to centre at end of study and inform environmental coordinator / lead instructor of missing / damaged equipment if appropriate.
• Ensure that the guests leave with all the resources required to continue to carry out their studies once their visit to Kingswood ends.
• Responsible for the health and safety of all group members and to take reasonable steps to ensure safety of colleagues when off site.
• Comply with and actively monitor adherence to the company Health and Safety policy and procedures.
• Liaise with the environmental coordinator / lead instructor regarding changes to the groups’ study programme.
• Liaise with coach drivers to ensure efficient transport arrangements.
• Liaise with external providers of facilities and amenities which the group may use when on off site study visits.
• Show initiative regarding their own personal development and willingness to broaden their own knowledge of unfamiliar study topics.
• Undertake training towards qualification in various NGB (National Governing Body) Awards
• Be a role model to apprentice instructors and new environmental instructors.
• Fulfilling the role of overnight duty instructor / or duty support roles.
• Driving duties of the company vehicles and complying with the companies regulations regarding vehicle safety. (If appropriate).
• Maintenance of the site and equipment’s as required.
• Providing support to other departments within the facilities departments as required (e.g. Catering, domestics and maintenance).
Typical knowledge, skills and experience
• Should be qualified to degree level in geography/biology/environmental science or related subject.
• Must have good interpersonal, communication and planning / organisational skills.
• Must be able to work both on own initiative and as part of a team.
• Must be responsible and professional in all areas of work.
• Desire\ experience of working with children.
Full/Part time roles available
Award winning training packages
Long term career opportunities
International job opportunities
Discounted food and accommodation package (£120 cheaper than leading competitor)
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/04/2022
10.10 per hour
This job is located in West Runton, Norfolk, Norfolk
How to Apply
When you work for Kingswood, you can enjoy all the fun of a Kingswood residential, every day!