Escape Room Game Master - Ipswich Escape Rooms, Ipswich
Looking for something different to do in Ipswich? Then this is it. Teams of 2-6 have 60 minutes to escape a locked room using only the power of theirs brain. Take part in the latest craze to hit the UK and the number one rated fun thing to do in Ipswich.
This document provides you with a written statement of the main duties that you are required to perform in your job of Gamemaster. This is not an exhaustive list and you are expected to perform any reasonable tasks that your manager requests, whilst always maintaining exemplary levels of professionalism, quality and customer service.
Job Location: Dencora Business Centre, 36 White House Road, Ipswich, IP1 5LT
Manager: Shift Manager (e.g. Lead Gamemaster, Site Manager or Area Manager)
Manages: Yourself (operates without regular supervision) and your game players
The main purpose of the job is to run escape games and ensure the best possible customer experience from the moment the customer arrives. This includes ensuring that games are properly prepared and that a safe and appropriate environment is always maintained.
Main Duties (listed in order of importance)
- Greet customers in a friendly and upbeat manner, confirm or complete their booking using the booking system or paper, and ensure they are ready for their game.
- Carry out the pre-game briefing, following the game-specific script and ensuring that all key points are covered from the game-specific checklist.
- Fully supervise the game from beginning to end, either remotely using CCTV and a typed or spoken clueing system, or in person as an in-game character.
- Complete the game experience in a friendly and upbeat manner with a personalised de-brief, taking a team photo, distributing cards, inviting return and escorting out.
- Resetting the game room to the exact specification of the game-specific reset list, double checking that it is ready for the next game and completing Instagram posts.
- Deal with any face-to-face or telephone bookings or email enquiries between games and participate in the daily opening-up and closing-down of the site.
Additional Duties (as required from time to time)
- Cleaning game rooms as required, including vacuuming and dusting all in-reach surfaces and wiping down all props and locks.
- Making emergency repairs and replacements to damaged or broken game items and reporting any potential wear and tear to the Area Manager.
- Distributing leaflets to the public and attending the company stand at exhibitions.
- Participate in the preparation, building and testing of new sites and games.
Responsibilities and Delegated Authorities
- Taking payment for bookings in cash or by card using the booking system and referring any requests for refunds to the Area Manager.
- Ensure a safe working environment for self, other staff and customers by dealing with immediate H&S issues and reporting any potential risks to the Shift Manager.
Job Type / Category
This is a part time position, with regular shifts on Saturdays and Sundays. Successful applicants will ideally be flexible in terms of hours they can work and be able to work during the week when required, and during school holidays.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- An interest in escape rooms
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to work under own initiative and unsupervised
- Some practical DIY knowledge preferred in order to make small fixes to games as required
This is a role in an expanding business, with additional games planned. Full training will be provided.
Salary will meet or exceed the UK living wage.
Job Type: Part-time
This job is located in Ipswich, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.