Helmsman Storage Solutions Limited are a manufacture of lockers and toilet cubicles, mainly for leisure centres and schools, but anywhere that supplies metal lockers. They have an exciting opportunity for an apprentice to join the team.
Monday – Thursday 7.30 – 16.45 (with 45 min lunch break) Friday 7.30 - 12.00 (no lunch break). Total hours per week: 38.00.
48 months apprenticeship.
Manufacturer of storage systems is looking for an apprentice welder to work alongside a small friendly team in our fabrication and engineering department. The role will involve productions welding of mild steel structures using jigs.
- To liaise with the Supervisor on all work-related topics
- To ensure the finished welded structure is of the acceptable/ best standard
- To apply pre-and post-weld heat treatments as necessary
- Assesses equipment, structures, materials, and job specifications for appropriate welding positions and methods
- Operate specialised machinery for industrial welding
- Setting up and safe use of SAW equipment
- Set up welding machines based on the job at hand or using a Welding Procedure Specification
- Read and interpret drawings to determine the specific welding requirements
- Keep work areas clean and organised and take proper care of all equipment and facilities
- Work with team members to maximise productivity and efficiency
- To ensure production timescales are met and maintained whilst ensuring the welding is to company standards
The closing date for this job offer is on 13/07/2018
This job is located in Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.