Red7Marine are a medium sized organisation based in Ipswich, specialising in Marine Plant Hire, Marine Construction and Marine Consultancy. We possess a custom-built fleet of self-elevating platforms called jack up barges that are used as a stable base for the construction and servicing of a variety of overwater structures. Our jack ups can hold a capacity of 80-800 tonnes to support a wide selection of cranes and other plant to meet a project’s needs.
They have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Welder to join the team.
- Weld and fabricate items in the yard or on site as instructed displaying the highest standard of craftsmanship;
- Assist with the mobilisation/demobilisation of marine plant with regard to the Yard or site responsibilities of such operations;
- Provide day to day support to the Yard Supervisor;
- Assist fitters with planned preventative maintenance program and general maintenance;
- Obtain welder coding in appropriate processes, continually always demonstrate best practice;
- Ensure completion of time and allocation sheets in a timely manner;
- Perform additional/further duties that are within your capabilities to best meet the needs of the business;
- Fabrication and welding of temporary works solutions.
- Repair and modification of vessels and marine plant.
GCSE Grade 4/C or above in Maths, English and Science
GCSE Engineering subject desirable but not essential
Good communication skills
Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
Marine knowledge desirable but not essential
Understanding of technical drawings advantageous.
Punctual and Reliable
Genuine enthusiasm for engineering
Focused and efficient
Keen attention to detail
Full Level 2 General Welder (Arc Processes) Apprenticeship
Things to consider
The nature of our business will ensure that the work is varied and interesting. The vacancy will have periods of working outdoors. The candidate will need their own transport or have reliable transport links to our Ipswich Yard at Cliff Quay. The candidate could have occasional periods of working on our sites around the UK.
There is an opportunity for a full-time role on completion of the apprenticeship for the right candidate.
The closing date for this job offer is on 07/12/2020
£166 per week
This job is located in Ipswich, Suffolk
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.