SUFFOLK NEW COLLEGE
About the employer
An independently owned Mechanical and Electrical Engineering business working in the construction industry. In simple terms, we install and maintain the electrics, plumbing, heating ventilation and ventilation of buildings. Our office is located in Bramford, on the outskirts of Ipswich, which is home to approximately 25 people. A further 35 members of staff work on sites throughout East Anglia, London and the Home Counties.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
- Attention to detail
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks
- Clear verbal and written communication and strong maths competency
- Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement
- Seeks feedback and acts on it to improve their performance
- Behaves professionally in an office setting
- Takes personal pride in their work
Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability.
Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs (or equivalents) including English and maths at grades A*/9-C/4 for a Level 3 Apprenticeship and A*/9-D/3 for a Level 2.
Proof of qualifications will be required before you can be accepted onto the apprenticeship.
Monday to Friday. Usually between 8.30am - 5pm with 30 mins lunch. Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
12 Jul 2021
A chance for an aspiring accountant to join a busy and growing finance team in an industry setting. You will get to experience first hand how a business operates, and the role the finance team has in supporting this, while studying for your AAT qualification.
Working closely with other members of the team, key responsibilities will include assisting the Finance Manager and accounts team with:
- Internal management accounts
- Statutory year end accounts
- Ad-hoc financial reports as required
- Payroll runs
- VAT and CIS returns
- Credit control
- Processing sales and purchase invoices
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/06/2021
This job is located in Bramford
More Information and How to Apply
About Suffolk New College
Suffolk New College isn’t just a great place to learn – it’s a launch pad for your future. With top quality teaching staff and facilities, we’ll help you prepare for academic and career success.