Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
We are recruiting for a Finance Management Trainee to join our team in Bury St Edmunds
As our Finance Trainee, you will be trained to have an in-depth knowledge of the Finance function within the regional Business Unit and an appreciation of the Company’s overall business. You will study part time at an agreed college to gain a professional qualification in Accountancy (CIMA or ACCA).
What you will do:
- Process supplier invoices accurately and timely
- Reconcile supplier statements monthly and resolve queries promptly
- Preparation of month end reports and reconciliations for sales and purchase ledger control accounts
- Assist with payroll by processing weekly timesheets and processing travel and fares
- Other general finance tasks as required i.e.; cashbook processing, assisting with fortnightly subcontract payments and providing holiday cover within the department as required
What you will have:
- 3 A levels or equivalent including Mathematics (minimum B grade or equivalent)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to set deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Willingness and ability to study for a formal professional qualification in Accountancy.
- Individuals seeking employment at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes.
We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following:
Criminal records (DBS);
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
Benefits of working with us
House purchase discounts
Employee share ownership
Time off for charity work
How to apply
Please visit: https://jobs.taylorwimpey.co.uk/vacancies/3665/management_trainee_finance/ Or alternatively send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this job offer is on 08/07/2022
Negotiable - dependant on experience
This job is located in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.