Deanta is an ISO9001 certified, leading supplier of internal doors, hardware and ancillary products to door specialists, builders’ merchants, and independent door shops across the UK. Our doors are designed, manufactured, tested, and delivered to our customers by Deanta employees. Having full control of the process from end to end sets us apart from our competitors, allowing us to deliver a consistent and superior product to the UK market.
All our employees have the opportunity to gain great autonomy and experience in our stimulating, diverse, and dynamic environment. Our continued success is driven by our ability to produce high quality doors at competitive and accessible costs, pivoting to meet customer needs and bringing new and innovative designs to market. All of this is delivered by our agile and forward-thinking team
They are currently looking for a Fire Testing apprentice to join and learn within their team.
• Helping to design, build and carry out fire testing at various laboratories in the UK
• Co-ordination to testing plans, documentation, and test reports
• Analysis of fire test results
• Creating technical documents that might include datasheets, guides, instructions, and manuals
• Becoming a technical resource to help support the business internally and externally to customer
• Attend various technical meetings both internally and externally
• Liaise with key technical component manufacturers
• Travelling will be required occasionally therefore a valid UK driving license would be beneficial
GCSEs grades 4 or above in Science, English and Maths - Essential.
Attention to detail
Training to be Provided
The learner will be studying the Laboratory Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard qualification.
Day release to West Suffolk College.
Functional skills will be studied if equivalent qualifications are not held.
Things to consider
Benefits: Private medical insurance, increasing annual leave with service, additional annual leave salary sacrifice scheme, employee discount platform, med24 digital GP, EAP, Bike2work & more. Challenges: Line Manager not based at Ely site so needs to be self motivated and driven.
With a view to moving into Fire Testing Technician.
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/03/2024
£ 14400 per year
This job is located in Ely, Cambs
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.