You will serve as a delicatessen/bakery assistant, helping in the preparation and serving of specialty meats, delicacies, preserved foods, cheeses, salads, breads and sweets. You will slice, weigh, price and wrap foods on plates, trays and in bags as well as prepare food displays in counter cases and other display units. You will also be required to prepare hot and cold sandwiches, fruit and vegetable trays, salads and rotisserie chicken. You may also assist in preparing and cooking bread and other bakery items as well as assisting in unloading trucks and stocking foods, taking orders and payments from customers
Please provide detailed work experience as it relates to the required competencies listed below, as this will be used to determine your qualification for this position.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic in order to count number of tables/trays required to determine number of servings a container will yield, and to count change when required to perform cashier duties.
- Working knowledge of food service sanitation standards including procedures to prevent contamination, spoilage, and waste.
- Ability to concentrate on work assignments despite interruptions and distractions.
- Ability to do tasks with several steps and to follow established sequence of tasks without more than normal supervision.
- Ability to use and maintain food service tools and equipment such as knives, mechanical dishwasher, and powered cleaning equipment.
- Ability to learn food service safety regulations, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to read and understand simple signs, names of food items, and instructions
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS:
- May be assigned other duties not described in this position description, but that is appropriate to the grade of the incumbent.
- A pre-employment physical is required.
- Will be required to obtain and maintain a food handler’s certificate
- Will be required wear all personal protective clothing while on duty.
- Will be required to observe US Federal Holidays instead of UK Public Holidays.
HOURS OF DUTY:
May be required to work other than normal duty hours and tours of duty such as rotating shifts, overtime and weekends. Hours can be anywhere between 0400 - 2230
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
This job is located in RAF Lakenheath, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Civilian Personnel Office
The Civilian Personnel Office offers a full range of strategic human resource support to the United Kingdom, and Norway. Support is given to appropriated funded, Ministry of Defence, and Local National Direct Hire employees. We provide world class service thro...