Full Time: 39.00 hours per week.
DESCRIPTION: You will maintain, inspect, install, repair, replace and modify liquid fuel storage and distribution systems and their electrical components. Inspects and tests fuel receiving, storage, and distribution facilities and performs preventative maintenance on fuel systems and components. Performs all phases of liquid fuel system and component maintenance including preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and modification. Troubleshoots and repairs problems in the electrical components of liquid fuel distribution systems. Participates in cleaning interior of bulk storage tanks, above and below ground, by entering tanks. Utilizes safety practices and procedures following established safety rules and regulations and maintains a safe and clean work environment.
Please provide detailed work experience as it relates to the required competencies listed below as this will be used to determine your qualifications for this position.
- Knowledge and experience of fuel distribution and storage systems; of the physical properties and hazards associated with the handling of various types of petroleum fuels; and of preventative maintenance and inspection techniques as applied to fuel distribution and storage systems.
- Knowledge and experience of the troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of electrical components such as electric motors, disconnect switches, starters, contractors, solenoids and magnetic switches.
- Knowledge of and experience applying safety regulations, procedures and practices.
- Skill in calibration of fuel dispensing systems and tank and pressure gauges.
- Skill in techniques used to measure, cut, thread, join and fit piping and tubing.
- Ability to analyze deficiencies and diagnose malfunctions of system components such as automatic control valves.
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS:
- Shift work may be required.
- The employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
- The work may require that the employee be certified in the use of a respirator.
- The work may require that the employee be certified or be able to be certified as qualified for entry into hazardous liquid fuel tanks for inspection, cleaning and repair.
- An appropriate, valid driver’s license is required for the position.
- May be assigned other duties that are appropriate to the grade and skill set of the incumbent
The closing date for this job offer is on 25/10/2019
12.45 per hour
This job is located in RAF Lakenheath, Brandon, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Civilian Personnel Office
The Civilian Personnel Office offers a full range of strategic human resource support to the United Kingdom, and Norway. Support is given to appropriated funded, Ministry of Defence, and Local National Direct Hire employees. We provide world class service thro...