Graduate Civil Engineer – Register your interest - Development Programme 2021
Our graduate programme will help you build on your degree and establish a career where you’ll have the freedom to learn, achieve your ambitions and leave your mark on the communities in which we work.
As a Graduate Civil Engineer, you will help us deliver complex Rail or Highway projects.
Skanska is one the UK’s top construction and development companies. We are building, upgrading and maintaining the country’s infrastructure for future generations. Drawing on our Scandinavian heritage, we are green, innovative and progressive. We bring together people and technology, as part of our objective to make construction a safer and more collaborative industry.
At Skanska we believe in our Purpose, we build for a better society. Through our Values of care for life, commit to customers, be better – together and act ethically and transparently you will enable us to deliver our purpose.
What you’ll do:
- Initially work with Section teams planning and producing sketches and methodologies for relavent plans and procedures for mobilising
- Setting up work sites with GF/ Works manager
- Work with the subcontractor to ensure the timely preparation Risk Assessment Method Statements, Inspection and Test Plans, Permits, Consents etc for the works and that these are implemented.
- Day to day work site coordination and planning to ensure the works are carried out safely and efficiently
- Ensuring Permit to Dig, Temporary Works and other safety systems are implemented
- Liaise with the Section Foreman to ensure the adherence to safe methods of work
- Ensure all temporary works needs are identified sufficiently early and completed in accordance with the relevant procedures.
- Ensure all quality checks are carried out in accordance with the ITP’s and properly recorded
- Help manage non-conformance reporting and managing the non-conformances on site until complete
- Provide support, assistance, and information to other teams as necessary such as Community Relations, Highways, and Logistics
- Ensure health and safety is given the highest priority in the delivery of the works
- Ensure that the Health Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures are effectively communicated to the workforce and implemented
Who you are:
- Studying towards or having completed a Civil Engineering degree accredited by ICE
- Values driven and passionate about sustainability
- Excellent communication skills
What we offer:
- Professional networks and support groups to help you succeed
- The opportunity to work towards membership of your chosen professional body
- Project management and leadership development
- At least one volunteering day per year Competitive benefits package
- Clear learning and development opportunities to build your knowledge, skills and behaviours to prepare you for your career at Skanska
As part of the Graduate programme, you will have a clearly defined learning pathway to develop your technical and soft skills. You will build a strong professional network with exposure to our leaders and gain project management and technical skills for the future through completing a digitalisation project. You will also spend a week away completing a practical skills workshop to gain a wider understanding of the Construction industry.
Programme start date: September 2021
Application deadline: 31st December 2020
Location: London and other UK wide locations
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/12/2020
This job is located in Nationwide
More Information and How to Apply
Skanska, a leading construction company and developer, is an inclusive and responsible business that is helping to build for a better society. Known for major projects, such as the Gherkin and Crossrail, we are building, upgrading and maintaining the country’s...