Applications for this role are now closed.
Sustainable Planning Design Studio is a multi-disciplinary design firm, specialising in planning, architecture, engineering and renewable energies
We are seeking to hire an ambitious and highly motivated individual to join our growing team of engineers working on a variety of exciting development projects, from residential, commercial & industrial developments
As a Graduate Design Engineer, you will work alongside other engineers and technicians on projects through all RIBA Stages of Work; from concept design, planning application drawings, technical drawings and specifications as well as assisting other members of staff and attending site visits.
From our vibrant office in Stanway, Colchester, you will work as part of a team to support the business with specialist knowledge in development infrastructure and be responsible for overseeing the projects from conception through to construction.
The design engineer will work very closely with the Senior Design Engineer and work together to oversee the delivery of all engineering designs on each project.
Key Skills Essential
- Educated to HNC/HND/Degree in an Engineering/ Construction related discipline
- Good understanding of engineering first principles.
- Experienced in AutoCAD, Civils 3d or equivalent.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- The ability to project a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Good knowledge and use of appropriate project and design analysis software.
- Personable and a ‘can do’ attitude with resource management experience.
- Able to establish rapport and good working relationships within the project team and Clients.
- To be able to work as part as a team and collaboratively and co-operatively.
- Previous work experience in a design-related environment, preferably with Civil or Structural Consulting Engineers or Developers.
- Experienced using Adobe Photoshop and Indesign
Key Skills and Requirements
The successful candidate must be well-organised and feel comfortable operating well under pressure, while proactively uses their own initiative and take responsibility for their own work.
- Assist in the preparation of technical due diligence reports for perspective sites
- Procure service records and enquiries for new developments with statutory undertakers.
- Assist in the drafting of Flood Risk Assessments.
- Assist on Road and Sewer designs for new estate roads and associated infrastructure.
- Support Drainage, Foundation and Levels appraisals to support land bids, planning applications and construction stage works.
- Assist in securing S38, S104, S185 & S278 legal agreements to suit a development programme.
- Obtain designs for foundations and where necessary have input into securing structural designs for superstructure components.
- Prepare groundwork pack designs for tender and construction issue.
- Liaise with SPD’s Architectural & Planning departments as necessary to seek the discharge of building regulations and planning conditions.
- Support Site Engineers and Site Managers by responding to site technical queries.
How to apply
Please send a CV and covering letter to Lizi McCarroll (HR Manager) on email@example.com
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/06/2022
£28,000 - £33, 000 per year
This job is located in Colchester, Essex
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.