Fixed term to 31 August 2018, 30 hpw, term time only. Based in Ipswich primary schools.
Have you recently completed your degree? Are you interested in gaining experience in teaching, or working with children or young people?
Our Graduate Internships offer the chance to earn whilst finding out whether working in a school is for you.
Our internships provide:
• experience right across the age range in the school
• a thorough induction to school life
• opportunities to work with small groups of children to move their learning on
• support for clubs and other activities - applying your skills and interests
• real classroom based experience, supporting children and learning from excellent teachers
• relevant training, including phonics, maths and the use of intervention strategies for SEN pupils
• an individualised programme to meet your needs
• networking opportunities with other interns.
You will need:
• a good honours degree preferably 2:1 or above
• good literacy and numeracy skills (preferably GCSEs in English and mathematics at grade B or above or equivalent)
• a commitment to working with children and aspirations for your future career
• to use your initiative and work well in a team
•to be willing to participate in the wider life of the school to gain the most from the experience
• to commit to the whole school year.
Please clearly state your preferred location, role and when you are available to start work.
Interview date: w/c 6 November 2017.
About Suffolk County Council
Suffolk County Council is the administrative authority for the county of Suffolk in England. It is run by 75 elected county councillors, representing 63 divisions. The main offices are located in Ipswich, with supporting services located elsewhere across the....