Applications for this role are now closed.
Graduate Project Manager
- Are you great at organising yourself and others?
- Are you comfortable taking the lead in group situations, making sure that everyone is heard, and things get done?
- Do you want a role where you will have an immediate impact, driving and influencing projects while gaining a professional qualification?
- Do you want to work at a company that will empower you to be your best self at work?
If so, a Graduate Project Manager role may be the right route for you. At Aviva, we truly believe new ideas and perspectives are invaluable. So, if you have a curious mind, a customer focus and want to work in a role where you make a genuine impact please read on!
About the role
Technology at Aviva is an exciting place to be! We’re the UK’s largest insurer, a FTSE 100 company and a global leader. Awarded Digital Insurance Company of the year at the Data, Analytics & Technology Awards for Insurance, our Technology community is among the best resourced and most talented anywhere.
We work collaboratively in small teams to build high quality solutions that meet our customers’ needs, first time: whether delivering tools internally to meet the wider needs of the organisation or producing innovative technology like the award winning “My Aviva” customer portal and “Aviva Drive".
As a Graduate Project Manager, we'll equip you with the technical tools and hands-on experience to succeed, as well as giving you the time and support to study for an industry recognised Project Management qualification.
From the beginning we'll get you work on interesting and challenging projects alongside a community of highly capable and experienced technology professionals. You’ll learn to act as an agent of change, driving success over the project lifecycle – from initial conception to delivery and handover. Your work will include:
- Being responsible for successful project delivery in line with defined success criteria and goals
- Effective and consistent communications and reporting to colleagues at all levels
- Smooth running of the change, from planning to delivery to handover
- Supporting the adoptions of solutions within the business, looking at roll-out strategy and engagement
- Developing yourself and others in the Project Management community
In addition to gaining real hands-on experience in the role, we will support you to study for a qualification with the Association of Project Management.
As a Graduate, you will:
- Have or be on track for a 2:1 Degree in any subject
- You will also need a minimum of 5 x GCSE’s or Scottish National 5’s at A-C grade (4-9) (or equivalent) from prior study – this must include English and Maths
- Be a force for change and improvement – whether through your studies, your work experience or your outside interests, show us how you have helped make things better
- Be a confident communicator: presenting ideas and concepts clearly in written and verbal formats to inform and influence others
- Be flexible, able to adapt and change quickly to different situations
- Possess good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have great planning and organisational skills – shown both during but also in situations outside of your studies
- Have a love of learning and be working to continually develop yourself
- Have a genuine interest in technology
What will you get for this role?
- Starting salary from £25,000 (depending on skills, experience and qualifications)
- An Association of Project Management qualification
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras”, plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
The recruitment process:
We live Aviva's values, with a culture of continually challenging and improving what we do and how we do it. We invest in our people, expecting curiosity and a courageous mindset. We will assess your strengths as well as understanding how connected and aligned to our values you are throughout the process.
The process itself is:
- Make an online application – this will include answering a short questionnaire and attaching your CV
- If you pass the initial screen you will be have a short telephone interview
- Pass that and you’ll be sent some online tests
- And if you do well in these, there’s an assessment day
If you like the sound of all that, we’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you need an alternative method of applying, please give Daniela Krol a call on: 0121 234 7660 or ping them an email at: email@example.com
The closing date for this job offer is on 01/04/2020
£25,000 (depending on skills, experience and qualifications)
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About AVIVA plc
Aviva is a life, general and health insurance business, and provides asset management services. We are the largest insurer in the UK and we have strong businesses in selected international markets. Our products help 34 million customers enjoy the peace of mind...