Applications for this role are now closed.
We now have exciting opportunities for Graduates to join our teams across Lovewell Blake.
Do you want to work for a Firm that is award-winning in its training? Are you looking for an employer who cares about your wellbeing and the local community?
Lovewell Blake is a dynamic, supportive and sociable place to work. We will continually support, invest and encourage your training and development to help you reach your personal career goals.
As well as being a Gold Best Employer in the Eastern Region, we were also named as the 20th best Apprenticeship Employer of 2022 by the Department of Education.
With an extensive wellbeing strategy, including a full employee assistance programme plus trained Mental Health and Wellbeing Champions in each of our offices, support is always available for our employees. We always look to promote a positive work life balance. We provide staff with a paid day out of the office each year to support a local charity/good cause. There are also numerous fundraising activities taking place throughout the year to raise money for the Lovewell Blake Community Fund.
As a trainee accountant you will follow formal training for the Association of Chartered Accountants (ACA) qualification or equivalent within Tax, alongside on the job training. You will get started on real client work, such as accounts preparation, as soon as you have settled in. Your role will be primarily task focused, with regular reviews by more senior staff throughout assignments. Your development will mirror our ethos of 'different because you are' and we will ensure that your training and experience is right for you and how you want to progress.
Take advantage of our industry leading training program and begin your career with us today.
- Assist in the carrying out of more routine tasks concerning the professional work within a group to which assigned, including accounts preparation and audit
- To carry out tasks to required deadlines ensuring they are accurate and neat and meet required standards
- Undertake secondments to other departments/offices as required
- Deal with basic client queries and requests for information
- Build constructive relationships with other team members
- Keep an accurate and effective record of own time
- Use technical knowledge while working on client assignments
- Develop an understanding of the different services offered by the firm and cross sell these services when opportunities arise
- Be engaged, credible and friendly with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Have an awareness of the services provided by the firm
- Learn new things quickly and be eager to learn
- Use your own initiative and be able to identify when assistance is needed in finding a technical solution
- Have a good level of verbal and written communication skills, in order to communicate with colleagues and partners and start to communicate with clients regarding basic information/queries
- Be methodical and organised
- Show enthusiasm to develop technical knowledge, skills and experience
- Be aware of the need to meet deadlines set and the importance of raising any issues with senior members of staff
We strongly encourage networking with other professionals and potential new clients as well as taking part in social events with colleagues across the firm. Community involvement is a big part of the culture at the firm and you will be given opportunities to take part in fundraising activities too.
Minimum entry requirements
- A 2:2 degree or (AAT) level 4 all papers passed at first attempt
- 3 A levels or equivalent at grade C or above
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent at grade C/4 or above including Maths and English Language
- All other requirements for membership must be met
- Work experience in accountancy or a similar field will be considered with high regard
21 days annual leave (increasing with grade and service)
Flexi hours (7.5 hours a day with 9am - 4pm core hours)
Employee assistance programme
Annual paid volunteering day
Life assurance scheme
Cycle to work
Paid professional subscriptions
Date posted: 2023-09-01, Valid until: 2023-10-22
Type: Full Time
NR7 0LB, United Kingdom
The closing date for this job offer is on 22/10/2023
This job is located in Norwich
More Information and How to Apply
About Lovewell Blake
Lovewell Blake is one of the region's leading accountants, business advisers and financial planners. Our teams comprise experienced and highly qualified experts skilled at helping businesses, individuals and charity/not for profit organisations.