- Would you love to build a career that’s centred around creating brilliant online experiences for our customers?
- Are you passionate about design principles and have an understanding of User Centred Design?
- Are you intrigued by technology and what it can do (regardless of what you’ve studied)?
If so, a Graduate User Experience Designer role with us could be just what you’re looking for.
As the UK’s largest insurer, a FTSE 100 company and a global leader in our industry, our Technology teams are crucial to our success. We truly believe our Technology community is amongst the most talented and supportive anywhere. Without their skills and ideas, we wouldn’t be the company we are today.
But we’re not the kind of organisation that gets complacent. We want to keep investing in our technology, and more importantly, we want to keep investing in the people behind our technology.
That’s why our Graduate jobs are permanent from day one.
Technology careers for diverse Graduates
New insights, perspectives and diversity of thought are all invaluable to us. Which is why you don’t need to have studied IT previously to join us in Technology. We have Graduates that have studied everything from Music to Maths, from Business Studies to History, and they’re all equally brilliant.
We have a real variety of roles across our technology teams. As long as you’re curious and passionate about technology, then we can teach you the rest – you’ll have a structured training programme and a support network to help you develop.
User Experience (UX) Design is a design process that focusses on designing systems that offer a great experience to its users. From how people access our websites and apps, to their usability and accessibility, it’s our UX teams that are responsible for this. They build a bridge to the customer, helping us to better understand, and fulfil their needs and expectations.
As a Graduate User Experience Designer you will either be based in Norwich or London and work in multi-disciplinary product teams to help bring to life our key initiatives. You will champion the customer and pursue every opportunity to ensure that we’re delivering digital products that address true customer needs. You will be an advocate of user research and participate in such activities during the design process. You will be given enough responsibility to work autonomously, taking responsibility for the work you deliver with support from others around you in the design team.
You’ll be working on interesting and challenging initiatives alongside a community of highly skilled and experienced technology professionals who will be on hand to support and encourage you every step of the way. This is a brilliant learning environment – a place where everyone is welcome to share ideas, ask questions and seek out advice.
Where you’ll be based:
We offer our Graduate User Experience (UX) roles in our Norwich or London offices. Flexible working has been engrained into our culture for a long time now. Post COVID-19, you can expect a blend of working in the office and some home working as applicable.
To join us as a Graduate, you’ll:
- Already have a degree, in any subject, or you will be graduating this year
- Ideally have some design experience and an understanding of UX principles either through your studies or outside interests
- Plus you’ll have at least five GCSEs or Scottish National 5s at A*-C or 9-4 grade (or equivalent), including English and Maths
- Be a force for change and improvement – whether it’s through your studies, your work experience or your outside interests, we’ll want to see how you’ve helped make things better
You should also be a confident communicator with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, a love of learning and a commitment to continually developing yourself. And it goes without saying that we’ll be looking to see that you have a genuine interest in technology.
If you’re also a natural problem solver who loves to learn new things, we think you’ll fit right in.
What will you get for this role?
- Starting salary from £25,000 (depending on your skills, experience and qualifications)
- A permanent role from right from the outset – you’ll be taught and developed from the ground up by tackling real responsibilities rather than undertaking rotations
- Professional qualifications aligned to your roLE
- A caring, welcoming culture complete with wellbeing programmes, flexible working and an in-built support network, including buddies and mentors – many of whom have been with us for years
- A holiday allowance of 29 days, plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to five additional days
- An annual performance-related bonus and pay review
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Plus plenty more
The recruitment process:
We’ll assess your strengths as well as looking at how well you connect with our values throughout the process.
The process itself involves:
- Making an online application – this will include answering a short questionnaire and attaching your CV
- If you pass the initial CV screen, you’ll be sent some online tests
- Pass these, and you’ll have a telephone interview with us
- And if you do well in these, there’s an assessment day
We are looking at a September start date for all roles.
Proud to be diverse
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniela a call on 0121 234 7660 or send an email to Daniela.firstname.lastname@example.org
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
The closing date for this job offer is on 22/02/2021
This job is located in Norwich
More Information and How to Apply
About AVIVA plc
Aviva is a life, general and health insurance business, and provides asset management services. We are the largest insurer in the UK and we have strong businesses in selected international markets. Our products help 34 million customers enjoy the peace of mind...