Camgrain Stores Limited is the UK’s largest farmer-owned grain storage co-operative. We provide seamless supply-chain integration for our farmer-members from combine to the end user through our four strategically positioned, Advanced Processing Centres (APC’s) across Central England.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our diverse team as a Grain Store Operator for our Linton & Cambridge sites. Reporting to the Store Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for taking control of the Control room and ensuring facilities are utilised for fast and accurate loading and unloading.
Must be a team player, personable and a great communicator. Happy to work in and out of doors in all conditions and able to fit into a team that has a strong health and safety culture, with a willingness to take responsibility for the safety of themselves and others around them at all times. Among other attributes, the ideal candidate will have a positive and flexible attitude towards their work, be highly motivated and have high levels of attention to detail.
Duties to include.
• Behave with integrity and professionalism at all times.
• Work alongside Store Manager and Grain Store Operator team in the control room, analyse incoming/out-loading data and organise the store accordingly.
• Assist with strategically planning intake and maximise the output of the store to ensure the holding bins are kept at a manageable level and the store does not become back logged.
• Assist with strategically planning out-loading, utilising the facilities within their store to ensure fast and accurate loading.
• Instruct, oversee and train/coach other grain store operators to improve their awareness and skill levels.
• Ensure grain drier operations are planned to maximise output whilst not damaging the commodity.
• Provide training to harvest staff, give out work and supervise them.
• Adhere to TASCC code of practice for the storage of combinable crops and animal feeds.
• Monitor stored product constantly and ensure LV fans are used effectively.
• Previous experience in a busy Control Room Operator position
• Previous experience in agricultural field.
• Knowledge of grain handling machines and equipment.
• A can do and positive attitude towards all work and challenges.
• Ability to constantly work towards and meet deadlines.
• A flexible approach and willingness to undertake extra hours during busy periods.
• High level of pride and attention to detail.
• Able to work at heights.
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently alone and as a team player.
• Able to work well under pressure.
This role is a permanent full-time position with some additional hours, occasional weekends and night shifts, so you will need to have a flexible approach to work. Rate of pay dependant on experience and skills .
How to apply
To apply please send us your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/06/2022
£11 per hour
This job is located in Linton, Cambs
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.