Camgrain Stores Limited is the UK’s largest farmer-owned grain storage co-operative. We provide seamless supply-chain integration for our farmer-members from combine to the end user through our four strategically positioned, Advanced Processing Centres (APC’s) across Central England.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our diverse team as a Lab Technician for our Linton site. Reporting to the Lab Manager, the successful applicant will assist with the smooth running of the Lab, ensuring incoming and out-loading vehicles are weighed in and out, tested and recorded correctly.
Operate a weighbridge for both incoming and out loading lorries, recording accurate information.
• Performing a variety of tests for a load to enter or leave the store, working to customer specifications.
• Working as part of a diverse team, under pressure and to a deadline.
• Maintaining laboratory cleanliness.
Must be a team player, personable and a great communicator. Happy to work a team that has a strong health and safety culture. Among other attributes, the ideal candidate will have a positive and flexible attitude towards their work, be highly motivated and have high levels of attention to detail.
• Helping coordinating the weighing of incoming and out-loading vehicles.
• Testing a variety of different arable crops and recording results correctly and clearly both electronically and as paper records.
• Tasks as directed by Laboratory Manager.
• Working as part of a team, under pressure to a deadline.
• Gathering accurate information on crop grades, specifications etc.
• Helping to check driver’s paperwork to ensure they are sent to the correct intake pit or bulk tank on site.
• Adhere to TASCC code of practice for the storage of combinable crops and animal feeds by accurately testing the grain and following set procedures
• Helping to monitor Critical Control Points within Camgrain HACCP system
• To take responsibility for positive release of product to consumer.
• A can do and positive attitude towards all work and challenges.
• Ability to constantly work towards and meet deadlines.
• A flexible approach and willingness to undertake extra hours during busy periods.
• High level of pride and attention to detail.
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently as a team player.
• Able to work well under pressure.
• Previous experience in a busy Grain Lab position
• HACCP Awareness.
• Knowledge of TASCC/BRC guidelines.
This role is a permanent full-time position, 40 hours per week with some additional hours and occasional weekends.
How to apply
To apply please send us your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/06/2022
£11 per hour
This job is located in Linton, Cambs
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.