Applications for this role are now closed.
SUFFOLK NEW COLLEGE
About the employer
Felixstowe is a delightful seaside town. It has a vibrant town centre with a wide range of national chains and local specialists. There are restaurants and cafes to suit all tastes. Clubs and organisations cater for most interests including an excellent range of sporting facilities. Felixstowe is home to Britain's major container Port and the comings and goings of the ships provide interest to the seascape. Felixstowe's seafront has traditional seaside fun and quiet beaches for families. Its attractions range from the unique fishing hamlet of Felixstowe Ferry to the Nature Reserve and historic Fort at Landguard.
37hrs per week, Monday – Friday between 8am-4pm. Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
05 May 2021
Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability.
Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs (or equivalent) including English and maths at grades A*-C or 9-4 for a Level 3 Apprenticeship grades A*-C or 9-3 for a Level 2.
- Undertake duties as required within a work programme that ensures the Council's grounds and sites are maintained to a high standard
- Working as part of a team to ensure the maintenance schedule is implemented as per seasonal requirements
- Undertake necessary training as required for manual handling and to operate machinery / equipment
- Undertake maintenance tasks within the Councils land and properties (and facilities) including minor repair work and general maintenance to ensure a high standard of public service is always provided
- To promote environmental good practice by taking positive steps to minimise damage to the environment and disturbance to habitats
- To carry out regular daily duties including tasks such as litter picking, cleaning and emptying bins
- To support the carrying out of safety inspections of the open spaces and play areas to ensure public access is safe and take corrective action as necessary where appropriate
- To assist with the staging of events including setting up and dismantling of equipment and stewarding as necessary
- To work evenings and weekends in line with the business needs of the Council
- To take day-to-day responsibility for specific tasks with minimal supervision (at times working alone) as instructed by Cemetery Supervisor and Grounds Maintenance Assistants
- Ensure compliance with Council's policies including Health & Safety, Equality and Data Protection
- To fulfil the obligations of the Apprenticeship programme
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the grade of the post
The closing date for this job offer is on 09/04/2021
This job is located in Felixstowe
More Information and How to Apply
About Suffolk New College
Suffolk New College isn’t just a great place to learn – it’s a launch pad for your future. With top quality teaching staff and facilities, we’ll help you prepare for academic and career success.