Applications for this role are now closed.
Center Parcs UK and Ireland (formerly Center Parcs UK) is a short-break holiday company that operates six holiday villages in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland, with each covering about 400 acres (1.6 km2) of woodland. The company's first village opened at Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire, in 1987 and its sixth, at Longford Forest, Ireland, opened in 2019.
Imagine stepping away from the desk and having 400 acres of beautiful forest as your office? The Grounds Services team is responsible for managing and maintaining the forest landscape at each of our villages, including wildlife and biodiversity surveys. Our expert teams are extremely passionate about the natural environment at Center Parcs, which our guests love to see.
You will maintain the village’s grounds in accordance with the department’s Forest Management Plan, Standards of Performance and Health and Safety documents, in direct liaison with Senior Forest Rangers and the Grounds Services Manager.
Responsibilities will include ensuring that the grounds are clean and tidy; assisting the Forestry Team with the management of mature woodland areas; assisting the interior plants person in the Subtropical Swimming Paradise; mowing and strimming established grassed areas; maintaining ornamental landscaping and assisting Estate Rangers in the maintenance of Village waterways.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, hardworking, with the ability to work alone and as part of a team. You should be naturally cheerful and have the ability to communicate with people. Previous experience working in horticulture would be desirable.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Previous experience in horticulture trade
- Tractor Driving Certificate
- Chainsaw Certificate
- Spraying Certificate
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
Center Parcs is a fantastic place to work and the benefits are as impressive as they are unique. Here are just a few:
- Colleague Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme with Life Assurance
- Colleague Recognition and Reward Scheme – offering a choice of Center Parcs and High Street vouchers
- Free use of our leisure facilities
- Discounted Center Parcs breaks
- 20% discount in our restaurant and retail outlets
- Access to Perks at Work Portal - offering a wide range of retail and leisure discounts
- An Employee Assistance Program - providing support on financial, health and legal matters
- Excellent opportunities for career development and progression with the opportunity to gain externally recognised qualifications
Things to consider
Please note that you must also be prepared to work outdoors during periods of adverse weather conditions and attend for additional duties during these times
If this sounds like your ideal job, then we’d love to see your application.
The closing date for this job offer is on 20/02/2024
£10.58 -£11.20 per hour
This job is located in Elveden, Suffolk
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.