West Suffolk College has evolved over more than 60 years from a small provider of evening classes for the people of Bury St Edmunds to an established, major player providing high quality Further and Higher education to the East Anglia region.
West Suffolk College is a Further Education college in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk. The college delivers a range of courses, including vocational and technical courses, apprenticeships, and an array of higher-apprenticeships and bachelor's degree courses accredited by the University of East Anglia. They are looking for an apprentice to join.
- Assist in processing group sales ledger invoices
- Assist in resolution of sales ledger queries for the group in a timely manner
- Assist in group credit control functions and KPI’s
- Monitor instalment payments
- Assist in distribution of regular sales ledger statements
- Assist the processing of group purchase ledger invoices, adhering to group deadlines
- Administration and maintenance of sales ledger accounts
- Provide cover for administration and processing of sales orders in Sage
- Assist the Group Finance Manager – Ledgers in their duties
- Determine VAT treatment of sales and purchase ledger invoices
- Assist with audit queries
- Responsible for harmonising the processes and systems across the Group, identifying and implementing improvements
- Adhere to the Risk Management Policy and notify your line manager of any identified risk
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade of the post
GCSE English and Maths grades 4 and above - Essential.
Attention to detail
Customer care skills
Training to be Provided
The learner will be studying the Assistant Accountant Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard qualification, AAT included.
Day release to West Suffolk College.
Functional skills will be studied if equivalent qualifications are not held.
Things to consider
Good administrative and record keeping skills and competence in communication with mathematical skills are desirable qualities, as well as a positive attitude towards the customer. Ability to adapt to a changing role in a fast-paced working environment. Ability to work on own initiative.
The opportunity to become a Finance Assistant upon completion of the apprenticeship.
The closing date for this job offer is on 01/03/2024
£ 20049 per year
This job is located in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.