We have a fantastic opportunity to recruit a Hatchery Operative at our clients Hatchery in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who doesn’t mind working hard and has a ‘can do’ attitude.
You will be part of a team working, 40 hours over 5 days per week assisting in the process of producing top quality fertile hatching eggs.
A knowledge of Poultry would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be given.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure high standards of health and welfare of livestock are maintained at all times
- Handle eggs and chicks according to welfare standards fully understanding equipment and facilities used
- Carry out cleaning and disinfection duties as per instructions from the Manager on duty to ensure compliance with current bio-security standards according to Company best practice
- Understand rules governing chick welfare in the Hatchery
- Understand rules governing use of chemicals in the Hatchery and take appropriate safety precautions
- Deal appropriately with any occurrence or emergency informing Manager on duty as appropriate
- Complete all paperwork as required
- Be aware of Health and Safety standards and requirements including risk assessments and COSHH
- Ensure Codes of Practice are adhered to
- Undertake any other duties as required to fulfil the needs of the position
- Attend training courses which are determined as appropriate by the Company
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ability to work as part of Team as well as on own when required
- Care and attention to detail when performing duties
- Ability to follow and carry out reasonable instruction
- Experience of working with livestock preferable but not essential
The closing date for this job offer is on 25/09/2020
£18,000 - £22,000
How to Apply
About PB Recruitment Solutions
PB Recruitment Solutions helps both businesses and candidates with all recruitment needs. We sit right in the heartland of East Anglia and Lincolnshire, specialising in Agricultural and Construction.