About the employer
Working at South Norfolk Council, you will be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver a high-quality service focussed on the needs of our customers. We need strong teams to achieve this andour success is a reflection of our people - so being a great organisation depends on us having great people.
Selected shifts between 6am-6pm Monday-Friday. Total hours per week: 37.50
GCSE grade A*- D/9 - 4 (or equivalent) in English & maths
You will help provide an efficient and reliable service, maintaining refuse, HGV and other vehicles, consequently, the role will be physically and technically challenging.
This role incorporates completion of Heavy Vehicle Maintenance & Repair qualification whilst working specifically at the Ketteringham Depot. This is a three-year fixed term placement.
Some of the tasks you will be working on include:
- Vehicle safety inspections
- Observing and assisting senior technicians
- Servicing vehicles – carrying out checks and general maintenance according to the manufacturers’ guidelines
- Repairing and replacing faulty parts and components
- Maintaining repair and service records
- Following health and safety procedures
- Using engineering tools and equipment - including hand and power tools, engineering and technical manuals and diagnostic and electrical measuring equipment
The closing date for this job offer is on 09/10/2020
To be agreed upon appointment
This job is located in Ketteringham, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.