SUFFOLK NEW COLLEGE
About the employer
The Grove is a quality guest house run with the aim of being a home from home. It consists of 13 en-suite bedrooms, all individually decorated. Each room has a TV, hairdryer, plus tea and coffee making facilities.
Shifts to be confirmed over week days and weekends. A min of 30 hours per week. Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
07 Jun 2021
Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability.
Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs including English and maths at grades 9-4/A*-C for a Level 3 Apprenticeship and 9-3/A*-D for a Level 2.
Proof of qualifications will be required before you can be accepted onto the apprenticeship.
Apprentices will require a strong work ethic, good communication skills and to be prepared to work irregular hours as required in the industry. They will learn to recognise customer needs, knowing how to match them to the products and services of the business and working as part of a team to ensure every customer, whether they are eating in a restaurant, drinking cocktails in a bar feels welcomed and looked after.
Job roles in Hospitality could include front of house, waiter, bar tender or mixologist.
- Recognise customer profiles in hospitality and how customers have different needs
- Understand the importance of meeting, and where possible, exceeding customer expectations in line with the business / brand standards
- Understand the importance of receiving and dealing with customer feedback to support the improvement of products and services and provide value for money
- Know the business vision and values, its main competitors, how it fits into the wider hospitality industry and how own area of work contributes to achieving business targets
- Know how own role can minimise unnecessary financial loss to the business
- Understand how personal discipline in approach to work, for example time-keeping, attendance, personal appearance, personal presentation and conduct can all have an impact on the business/ brand reputation
- Know the products / services that are offered by the business, their prices and special offers and how to match them to customers' needs
- Know how the business aims to increase its market share and compete against its main competitors, for example its unique selling points, promotions and marketing campaigns
- Understand how the use of technology can enhance customer service and productivity in hospitality businesses
- Recognise and understand legislative responsibilities relating to the business and the products and / or services it offers
- Know how the activities in hospitality businesses can have a negative effect on the environment
- Understand the importance of using appropriate methods of communication that are suitable for different situations and individuals' needs in a variety of hospitality contexts
- Know how to support and influence the team positively, recognising how team members are dependent on each other to meet business objectives
- Understand how to work with people from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures
The closing date for this job offer is on 28/05/2021
This job is located in Woodbridge
More Information and How to Apply
About Suffolk New College
Suffolk New College isn’t just a great place to learn – it’s a launch pad for your future. With top quality teaching staff and facilities, we’ll help you prepare for academic and career success.