Xplore has been one of the largest established independent youth travel providers for over 30 years, offering a range of activity, educational and cultural packages for children and young people, throughout the UK, Europe and worldwide on a residential, daily & boarding basis.
We are very aware that a company has to ‘feel’ right when you are looking for employment. We believe we are a company with a very sociable and friendly approach.
What will you do?
The Houseparent is the backbone of our residential centres. They provide daily supervision and continue to serve as positive role models to children and young adults. To gain employment you will have to successful complete our in-house training.
For 6 to 8 weeks from June to August each year, our Summer Language Camps are open across England. To our summer camps alone, we have had over 1,600+ students take part in our camps each year!
In order to provide our Language Camps and Day and Residential Activity Camps to so many, we employ over 100+ seasonal staff from EFL teachers and Activity Instructors, to Centre Managers and Camp Leaders.
2021 however will inevitably be a little different, although we are gearing up for a jam-packed summer. We will be offering in-school delivery programmes and school camps for Primary and Secondary Schools who have been unable to organise a trip this academic year, we then hope to have our Language Camps available for international children (UK Government regulations dependent) as well as our ever-popular Day and Residential Activity Camps for local children. We are also excited to launch our F1 in Schools programme, available to be delivered in-schools and at our camps throughout summer.
Location: We have 3 centres across East Anglia
Contract: 1st July - 15th Aug, training from 7th - 18th June
Hours: 40 per week
Full training will be given
- Make sure all the rooms in your allocated area of the building are kept tidy by the students
- Prevent damage by monitoring the students in your area of the building throughout the duration of their stay
- Organise and motivate students to take part in Xplore games outside of structured activities and meal times. This is to make sure they are supervised and having the best possible experience at all times
- Be familiar with your responsibilities in line with the company Welfare Policy & Prevent Strategy and proactively enforce these principles while working for Xplore
- Act responsibly and be a positive role model to the students on camp
- Ensure students are attending all meals at their allotted meal times
- Be on duty during the evening and make sure the students in your care behave and keep noise to a minimum so not to disturb the other students on camp
- Apply all aspects of training and company documentation including child protection and Health and safety
- Help in the preparation of the centre for the arrival and departure of students by doing laundry, making beds and cleaning the building
- Protect and conserve all properties belonging to the Company
- Observe safe working methods
- Contribute to a harmonious working environment
- Assist in the continued maintenance of any Xplore centre
- Assist any person requiring medical treatment to get to a qualified First Aider
- Assist in the moving of equipment to and from Centres and the set-up, and take-down of that equipment when necessary
- Perform extra duties given to you by senior staff i.e. laundry, tuck shop, mustering students to activity meeting point.
- Gain satisfactory DBS clearance
We are looking for:
A confident communicator
Ability to instruct activities
Willingness to learn
Attention to detail
Flexible and adaptable approach to work
How to apply
Simon Catton: HR Manager
T: 01449 778 296
The closing date for this job offer is on 18/06/2021
£262.40 - £356.40 per week less optional accommodation
This job is located in Stowmarket, Suffolk
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.