Applications for this role are now closed.
The HR Apprentice will provide efficient general and administration support to the Human Resources Department and Exec PA of Group CEO.
The role is critical in ensuring operational support through supporting all manner of administrative tasks and requests related to general queries, processes, systems, policies and general administration, escalating enquiries where necessary. Alongside studying for Level 3 Apprenticeship in Human Resources Support.
What you’ll be doing
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to :
Support to the HR department:
- General administrative support to the HR team including receiving and screening incoming phone calls.
- Exposure to first line HR procedures, such as minute taking at investigations, or IEC meetings
- Manage the HR email Inbox and proactively respond on behalf of the team or escalate queries as appropriate
- Coordinate the Leavers process
- Support the development and maintenance of the HR SharePoint/Communication Platform Area.
- Reception cover as required.
- Arrange Occupational Health appointments, update the HRIS system to monitor appointments/renewals, collate outcomes and liaise with the HR team regarding further actions as required
- Support the coordination of employee special events, such as Annual Parties, Length of Service events, Values Awards, including sourcing entertainment, budget management, and being available at the event as a point of contact
- Logging all applications received using the Recruitment Tracker, respond to all candidates.
- Support with recruitment and selection process, co-ordinating and scheduling interviews when required.
- Coordinating the company induction
- Meeting HR compliance by sourcing Eligibility to Work in the UK documentation and where necessary Pre-Settled/Settled Status confirmation.
- Updating of the HRIS system; adding new starters, making payroll amendments, and other required changes in a timely manner to ensure deadlines are met
- Holiday administration, supporting end of year processes and calculations for holiday purchase schemes.
- Maintenance of personnel files ensuring compliance with GDPR, confidentiality and best practice
Support to the Executive PA involves the following:
- Diary management and calendar planning
- Processing expenses and invoices
- Arrange travel and prepare detailed travel itineraries
- Arrange conference calls
- Organise meetings, business events, arranging catering
- Carry out background research on people CEO is to meet for the first time and present findings
- Provide administrative support to the Leadership Team and Board members as required
- Support the arrangements for PLC Board Meetings – in the UK and TUSA
- Support the arrangement of miscellaneous company events
- Host visitors from overseas as required
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will have :
- GCSE C or above (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- Competent with MS Office
- Experience of using a Human Resources Information System desirable but not essential
- Previous Administration/HR experience desirable but not essential
What we’ll do for you
Funding of Level 3 HR Support Apprenticeship.
We also offer an excellent package which includes a competitive salary; a generous holiday entitlement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional holiday, we also offer a discretionary annual bonus, BUPA, pension scheme with 9% employer contribution, life assurance, group income protection, SAYE earn schemes and free shares.
With the encouragement and development you need, we help you to become your ultimate you. Beyond building a successful career, we also support the wishes and ambitions of our staff outside of the office in achieving a health work/life balance - the wellbeing of our staff is paramount to us, which we actively promote and support by regularly delivering a variety of wellbeing initiatives and offering responsibility based flexibility. There will also be opportunities to be actively involved in community and charity projects and to take part in numerous subsidised social events.
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/05/2021
This job is located in Bury St. Edmunds
More Information and How to Apply
We have been making the world taste better since our foundation in 1886, but this is just the beginning. Working at the cutting edge of the flavour and fragrance industry, we create outstanding solutions, designed around our customers' needs. Our people work...