Monday - Thursday, 08:00 - 17:00 and Friday, 08:00 - 16:00, however a flexitime system is in operation (Please read more about this in things to consider). Lunch is a 30-minute unpaid break. Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
04 Jan 2021
It is essential that all prospective candidates should have achieved a minimum of GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including maths and English.
All candidates will be required to complete Colchester Institute's mandatory initial assessment process before being put forward to the company. This will consist of online assessments.
As part of this role you will be required to study towards the HR Support Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard at Colchester Institute. Any attendance at college will be based in Norwich as we can deliver our HR apprenticeship in both Colchester and Norwich.
Duties to include:
- Handling day-to-day enquiries including those non-routine tasks, and provide HR advice and solutions in line with Company policy and current employment law
- Take ownership of the HR inbox and ensure all enquiries are responded to in a timely manner
- Maintain and administer HR systems, inputting, updating and reconciling data to ensure that information held within the system is current and accurate, ensuring integrity and confidentiality of personnel information and records
- Support the recruitment and on-boarding process from publication of advert to offer of employment and the organisation of employment reference checks
- Collate and record attendance information including production of Bradford Factor reports
- Ensure all employee files are up to date and compliant with data protection regulations
- Assist with the administration of employee benefits
- Assist with employee learning events including Induction, liaising with appropriate departments, scheduling personnel, and booking rooms
- Provide general administrative support including production of letters, reports, presentations, announcements and processing invoices for payment
- Prepare training course materials including portfolios, training guides and handouts
- Maintain own CPD by keeping up to date with legal, policy and process changes relevant to the role
The closing date for this job offer is on 20/01/2021
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Briar Chemicals
From our site in Norwich, Briar Chemicals services world-leading companies in the crop protection, fine and speciality chemical sectors, exporting our products across the globe. We offer our customers a world class custom manufacturing experience utilising a b...