We are a group of schools based nationally in the UK as well as schools in the USA and China. Each of our schools offers specialized learning opportunities for our students, for example, international students coming to study GCSEs in the UK, Performing Arts and Fashion Design, and schools with exceptional sport opportunities. As such we have a global workforce which gives CGS a diverse and international feel. Our Head Office for our central teams (i.e. Finance, Marketing etc.) is located in Cambridge and this will be where the apprentice will be based.
The learner will work with a team of HR professionals to provide general and HR administrative support to ensure that we are meeting statutory safeguarding requirements and UKVI regulations. The successful applicant will undertake a variety of administrative duties both independently and under supervision for both Head Office and for Schools.
• Assist with offer packs, contracts of employments, change to contract letters & leaver letters.
• Responsible for updating Group organogram charts on a regular basis.
• Assist with data inputting of employment details onto HR database.
• In liaison with the Talent team, administer the Central Registers and HR trackers ensuring they are all maintained and accurate.
• In liaison with the Talent team, ensure all Right to Work details are up to date and meet UKVI regulations.
• Assist with the management of the HR inbox SYSAID and answer general queries.
• Administer employee references in a timely manner.
• Ensure the maintenance of employee records, ensuring complete accuracy and confidentiality.
• Assist with general copying, filing, archiving of documents as required.
• Provide the first point of contact in a polite and professional manner for the main telephone number and calls from reception.
• Provide a high level of customer service.
• Attend to ad hoc requests from the HR team in a timely and polite manner.
• Provide support to HRBP’s / HR Advisors in note taking and Administration of Employee relations case work.
• Deliver support to the HRPB’s and HR Advisors on a wide range of HR projects.
• Exceptionally organised with a keen eye for detail
• Able to manage varied workload with multiple deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience of Word, Excel and Power Point, Office 365
• Understanding the education sector would be beneficial but not essential
Functional Maths and English min Level 2, aka GCSE Maths and English at grades 4 or above.
Attention to detail
Training to be Provided
The learner will be studying the HR Support Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard qualification.
Functional skills will be studied if equivalent qualifications are not held.
Things to consider
The ideal candidate should be able to work out of our Head Office in Cambridge. They should be computer literate.
Once qualified, there may be the opportunity to move in to a permanent post within the HR team whether that be within the Generalist team, Payroll or Talent.
The closing date for this job offer is on 11/12/2023
This job is located in Cambridge, Cambs
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.