Full Time: 39.00 hours per week.
DESCRIPTION: You will be responsible for installing, maintaining, repairing and modifying large/complex heating boilers, and single and multiple fuel power boilers and support equipment including mechanical system controls and distribution lines as well as large/complex systems that provide for a variety of air conditioning functions such as heating, cooling, humidifying, dehumidifying, cleaning, filtering and circulating.
In your application please provide detailed work experience as it relates to the required competencies listed below, as this will be used to determine your qualification for this position.
- Knowledge of the methods of combustion, heat transfer principles, and fuel characteristics to inspect, install, test, repair, and maintain power boilers, domestic heating units and systems, and auxiliary and pollution control equipment; the principles and theories of air conditioning and refrigeration, properties of refrigerants, temperature measurement; and pneumatics, electricity, and basic electronics to locate faults in temperature controls and control devices, such as damper motors, mixing valves and modulating motors.
- Knowledge of safety regulations, practices, and procedures; and regulations, procedures, and policies related to records maintenance and documentation.
- Skill in performing maintenance on small electric motors, feed pumps, and valves, including replacing brushes, seals, bearings, and repacking valves, servicing power sources and replacing items such as belts, fans, and fuses; installing, aligning, adjusting, and repairing oil, gas and other burning mechanisms, as well as heating boiler, components; and skill in dismantling, repairing, balancing and reassembling pumps, impellers, compressors, chillers, receivers, and evaporators on large and complex refrigeration and air conditioning units and systems, including replacing major portions of assigned systems.
- Skill in reading and applying work orders, blueprints, sketches and other oral and written instructions.
- Skill in the use of hand tools, power tools, precision measuring devices, and a variety of test equipment including special tools such as acetylene torch, ammeters, refrigeration gauges, electronic leak detectors, control devices,vacuum pump, hydraulic press and micrometers.
- Ability to use shop mathematics to computer fuel consumption rates, heat generating units, and air-to-fuel ratios and conversions.
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS:
- Must be a HVAC fitter certified to NVQ Level III or equivalent qualification.
- Must be certified to handle refrigerant and hold City and Guilds 2079.
- Shift work may be required.
- Emergency overtime may be required.
- A full UK Driver’s License, Category B, is required for this position.
- The employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
- CFC/NCFC certification is required for this position.
- May be assigned other duties that are appropriate to the grade and skill set of the incumbent.
- Employee is required to wear all safety equipment and clothing supplied by management.
The closing date for this job offer is on 25/10/2019
12.45 per hour
This job is located in RAF Lakenheath, Brandon, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Civilian Personnel Office
The Civilian Personnel Office offers a full range of strategic human resource support to the United Kingdom, and Norway. Support is given to appropriated funded, Ministry of Defence, and Local National Direct Hire employees. We provide world class service thro...