Age UK Norfolk is a local charity providing support to those over 50 in Norfolk. We offer a number of services including; Information and Advice, Advocacy, Telephone Befriending and many other essential services.
We are currently recruiting for an Information & Advice Adviser. This is a part-time permanent role working on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 10am-4pm.
Previous advisory experience is desirable.
The main responsibility of the role is to provide information and advice to older people, their families and carers, enabling them to make informed choices.
- To provide information and advice by a variety of means including telephone, IT communication, face to face, written and in the community.
- To maintain accurate records in accordance with confidentiality and audit procedures
- To work collaboratively with partner organisations ensuring that appropriate signposting is undertaken, and consent obtained
- To provide support to the service volunteers, contributing to their volunteer experience
- To assist with training and development of new staff and volunteers
- To work as part of the wider Organisation, giving and receiving support in a cooperative and collaborative way to both staff and volunteers
- To represent Age UK Norfolk at events as required
Part-time hours: 18 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.95 per hour
Benefits: Company pension
Schedule: Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: To keep our staff as safe as possible, we are COVID secure with all relevant risk assessments and procedures in place.
Education: A-Level or equivalent (preferred)
Experience: customer service: 1 year (preferred)
Work remotely: No
The closing date for this job offer is on 01/10/2021
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
This site offers you an insight into Norfolk & Suffolk's most successful organisations, how they fit into our growing economy & the career & training opportunities on offer. Plus tools & resources for students, parents, careers leads & teachers that support ca...