About the employer
Employer DescriptionSunhill Daycare operates a growing chain of day nurseries committed to providing affordable quality childcare. In addition to the Early Years Foundation Stage framework (EYFS), certain nurseries also practice the Montessori approach to early year’s education, and child development.
Sunhill's nurseries provide a happy, caring and secure environment for children, assisted by professional carer’s, teachers and peer presence, children rapidly gain confidence, knowledge and ability.
Our principal objective is to ensure our children have the necessary social and learning skills to cope with the future challenges of formal education and beyond. Children leave us with happy early memories of their time at our nurseries.
37.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday. Total hours per week: 37.50
As an Apprentice you will:
- Be a reliable member of a team, working co-operatively and with flexibility.
- Understand that each child is an individual and have a general understanding of childcare and development.
- Development positive relationships with parents/guardians, other stuff and outside agencies
- Assist with the supervision of children at play (indoor or outdoor) and at mealtimes
- Assist with the creation of a stimulating and attractive room environment.
- Attend parents meetings and be involved with fundraising events and assist with the promotion of the nursery, as required.
- Assist with the care, maintenance and security of all equipment and toys within the nursery.
- Observe each child’s progress and report on achievements, looking for progression and continuity. Where appropriate, participate in a ‘Keyworker’ system and take a special interest in a specified number of children.
- Assist with planning a programme of activities, suitable for the age range of the children, following the guidelines for the ‘Early Years Foundation Stage’
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/01/2019
This job is located in Stowmarket, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.