Lapline Ltd are a trusted engine maintenance partner based in Colchester, but have an Aberdeen Office as well as remote workers and service engineers who are based offsite. We have 65 employees. We run 5 additional divisions, including: Bartech Parts Supply, Bartech Turbos, Bartech Propulsion and Bartech Control Systems. The role will cover support for all of these divisions.
As an Information Technician Apprentice at our engineering firm, you will immerse yourself in essential tech domains: systems, networks, databases, virtualisation, and support. Gain real-world experience in a business environment, while collaborating and innovating to propel your career in IT.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- First line support for all employees via email, teams, whatsapp and helpdesk.
- Second line support.
- Diagnose and solve problems for users.
- Escalate issues to IT Director as required
- Setting up for new employees, including creation of accounts, deployment of laptops and mobile phones.
- Administering Sharepoint sites for departments
- Help to develop IT systems, including increasing automation
- Finding new and better software etc
- Work with Cyber security in mind
- Make improvement suggestions in any IT area
- Work with business intelligence, using database and reporting tools to generate reports
Training to be provided
Information communications technician Level 3 (A level)
The apprentice will be working towards the Level 3 Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship Standard.
College attendance will be at the Colchester Institute - Colchester Campus one day per week during term time.
GCSE or equivalent 5 GCSE's, including Maths and English (Grade A*-C/9-4) Essential
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience
Things to consider
- You will be expected to work primarily at a desk on a computer and manage screen breaks.
- You will occasionally have to work with computer hardware such as fitting network cards or additional ram to desktop or laptop computers.
- You could work from home 1 day a week if this is beneficial for you.
- Opportunity to become a Fire Warden or First Aider (and/or Mental Health First Aider) with training.
After completing the IT Apprentice role at our engineering firm, you will have a strong foundation to progress as a full-time IT Technician within our company. Beyond our organisation, opportunities in the broader IT industry include roles such as Network Administrator, Database Administrator, Virtualisation Engineer, and more.
The closing date for this job offer is on 01/03/2024
This job is located in COLCHESTER, Essex
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.