The IT Service Desk is the first point of contact for all IT related incidents and service requests. The role of the IT Desktop Support Engineer is to provide first and second line support for all staff. The role is responsible for resolving support requests as well as meeting staff satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands.
Normal weekly working hours will be 37½ hours, over 5 days, (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday). Times of working will be in accordance with the Saffron Flexible Working Hours Scheme. Total hours per week: 37.50.
13 months apprenticeship.
- To diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems and a range of software applications across the IT estate
- To assist our users with any logged IT related incidents
- To take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible, escalating incidents to other team members where necessary
- To accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system and knowledgebase
- To install and configure new IT equipment
- To resolve incidents and to upgrade different types of software and hardware
- To resolve incidents with printers, copiers, scanners, PCs, laptops, and mobile devices
- To maintain a first-class level of customer service ensuring all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical users at all levels of the business
- To be a highly motivated team player with the skills and ability to manage changing priorities
- To create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation in order to assist all users in the quick resolution of their incidents and enable users to become more self sufficient
- Exhibit a flexible approach to the role to provide cover where needed
- To work within the relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- To undertake other duties not specifically stated which from time to time are necessary without altering the nature or level of responsibility
Impact on Resources & Relationships:
- You will be responsible for providing excellent customer service to our users, ensuring their needs are put first
- Develop and maintain good relationships with the IT team
The closing date for this job offer is on 12/08/2018
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.