IT Norwich Limited have an excellent opportunity for an IT Support Assistant Apprentice to join their team. As an IT Support Assistant (Apprentice) will help existing members of staff to provide IT support to our customers, with occasional first line support as the role develops, as training is given and as experience is gained.
Office hours are Monday to Thursday 08:30 to 16:30 and Friday 08:30 to 12:30, a total of 36 hours. You will be paid a flat rate of £7 per hour including 30 minute paid lunch break. Total hours per week: 36.00.
18 months apprenticeship.
IT Norwich Limited have an opportunity for an IT Support Assistant Apprentice to join their team.
The IT Support Assistant Apprentice will help existing members of staff to provide IT support to our customers, with occasional first line support as the role develops, as training is given and as experience is gained.
This brand new position has been created due to an increase in workload from new and existing customers; it includes the following primary responsibilities and roles:
Call Handling & Ticketing (Phone, Email & Walk In):
- You will handle all calls that come into the main office number, transferring calls as required or logging requests for support (via phone, email or walk-in) from customers onto our job ticketing system
- You will be required to monitor all outstanding support issues to ensure they are progressed to a conclusion and in a timely manner, acting as the customers’ advocate internally or with third parties to ensure the customers problems are being resolved thoroughly
Support Existing IT Norwich Staff:
- Generally speaking your role will be office based but there will be opportunities to work with the existing IT Support Technician or IT Support Consultant to work on site from time to time; in fact this will form a key part of your training.
- You will help other IT Norwich staff in their support of customers and you will be asked to record the work you (or they) have undertaken on our ticketing system both promptly and accurately
- On a day to day basis you could be given workshop based tasks (e.g. cleaning PC's, installing operating systems, accepting deliveries, checking backup logs) remote support tasks (e.g. installing software, taking screenshots of problems) and on site tasks (e.g. moving computers, installing new screens or peripherals). You may be required to make site visits on your own either to collect equipment that needs to come back to the workshop or to deliver and install equipment under the guidance of the existing IT Support Technician or IT Support Consultant
Day to Day Office Support:
- You will be responsible for ensuring the office and workshop spaces can support the work we do on a day to day basis. This will include ensuring stock levels are maintained, accepting and unpacking deliveries, organising electrical waste collections and ensuring the carpets and workshop benches are clean and tidy
The closing date for this job offer is on 10/07/2018
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.