Applications for this role are now closed.
Glazing Vision are technical experts in the design and manufacture of architectural glass rooflights, we are on the cutting edge of rooflight design and our products can be found on rooftops across Europe, Australia and the United States.
They have an opportunity for an IT apprentice to join the team in Diss.
We are looking for a hard-working and proactive IT Technician Apprentice to join our busy IT Department to cover our rapidly expanding company. We are offering the Infrastructure Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship. Further career advancement opportunities are available for the right candidate.
The role includes:
- Providing support to employees using a ticketing system
- Help specifying and sourcing new IT equipment and peripherals
- Installing new software and setting up employee’s IT equipment
A minimum of five GCSEs at grade A* to C (9-4) to include English and Mathematics.
- Highly computer literate
- Basic understanding of PC maintenance
- A good understanding of PC software
- Able to form and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, service users and third parties.
- Ability to multitask and deal with a range of incoming enquires – organisation is key to the success of this role.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills.
Have a genuine interest in technology and be keen to start a career as an engineer.
Self-motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Friendly and approachable.
Highly enthusiastic with excellent communication skills.
Training to be Provided
Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship
Things to consider
There is free parking on site.
There is possibly the opportunity to obtain a job at the successful completion of the Apprenticeship scheme.
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/05/2021
£201 per week
This job is located in Diss, Norfolk
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.