Applications for this role are now closed.
Northgate High School are based in Ipswich. We have approximately 1700 students in year groups 7-11 and sixth form year groups 12-13.
There is an opportunity for an IT apprentice to join the team.
Working as part of a team, being responsible for the set-up, operation, maintenance and administration of the schools IT infrastructure and audio visual equipment.
- Installing hardware and software, setting up users, diagnosing and remedying hardware and software faults.
- Provide comprehensive ICT and AV support to all staff, providing information to staff on the range of equipment and software packages available and advising on their use, so that it is used effectively in all curriculum areas, and assist in meeting their training needs.
- Ensure that IT and AV equipment is prepared for assemblies, lessons, presentations, or for pupils use as requested by the IT Network
- Manager or teaching staff. Clear away or close down equipment after use, as appropriate.
- Transfer still and video files from cameras to the school network, CD/DVD or removable memory as requested.
- Carry out regular checks on IT an AV equipment in classrooms and offices to ensure it is in good repair and working order
- Maintain and repair first line repairs to equipment and apparatus; report the need for further repairs or replacement to the IT Network Manager.
- Assist with the arrangements for repairs and servicing of equipment through established procedures.
- Maintain a comprehensive inventory of all IT, electrical, valuable and desirable equipment and furniture, recording acquisitions and disposals as appropriate.
- Ensure that equipment is kept in its designated place and that appropriate Health and Safety regulations and security measures are observed.
- Check deliveries of hardware, software, audio visual equipment and consumables ordered, together with related invoices and refer any queries to the suppliers or administrative staff, as appropriate.
- Follow and implement all appropriate health & safety regulations and ensure security measures are observed.
- Monitor all labelling which refers to hazards and testing to ensure they are present and legible.
- Ensure all IT, AV and other electrical equipment is free from damage.
- Apply health and safety regulations in relation to the setting up of equipment so that they do not present an obstruction or trip hazard.
- Comply with school policies for example on Safeguarding, Data Protection and e-safety. Confidentiality must be observed at all times.
- Planning and prioritising tasks in conjunction with other members of staff.
- Determining the levels of ICT consumables to be held in stock, within budgetary constraints.
- Recommending the purchase of equipment parts, renewal of unserviceable items and ensuring cost effectiveness.
GCSE Grade C/4 in English and Maths, or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent fault diagnosis and problem solving
- Good organisational abilities
- Ability to undertake work of a physical nature e.g: moving laptop trolleys, installing network cabling, changing lighting rigs and erecting staging.
- Self motivated
- Be trustworthy and of good character
- Be a good role model to students
- Tactful and diplomatic
- Able to work as part of a team and be supportive of colleagues
- Attentive to detail
- A willingness to study
Training to be Provided
Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship
On completion of the apprenticeship, there is an opportunity for a full time position as an ICT Technician.
The closing date for this job offer is on 11/06/2021
£208 per week
This job is located in Ipswich, Suffolk
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.