The primary purpose of this position is to perform the full range of janitorial duties in an assigned area consisting of offices, corridors, restrooms, bathrooms, pet friendly rooms, laundry rooms, stairways, facilities and other areas. You will scrub, strip, wax and polish floors using industrial-type power equipment. Report any maintenance problems, water leaks, clogged drains and other conditions requiring maintenance to the supervisor. Advises supervisor when more supplies are needed or when equipment needs repair or replacement. Collects all dirty linen from housekeeping carts, take to the linen room to sort and put into the appropriate bins ready for collection. Collect refuse, including recyclable items, and take to the skips located near buildings. Perform seasonal tasks as required such as shoveling snow, applying ice control material to entrances and walkways around assigned buildings and may occasionally work on ladders. Pick up leaves and litter around buildings, keep entrances and around assigned buildings neat and tidy. Performs other related duties as required.
1. Knowledge of operating and making adjustments to power cleaning equipment.
2. Knowledge of the proper uses of a variety of special cleaning and sanitizing solutions
3. Knowledge of how to remove different kinds of stains from a wide variety of surfaces.
4. Ability to clean to a satisfactory standard.
5. Ability to complete daily checklists and reports.
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS:
1. Will be required to have a pre-employment physical examination.
2. Physical effort includes heavy lifting 50 pounds or more, pushing and moving furniture.
3. Usually works indoors and occasionally outdoors.
4. Care must be taken and safety equipment used when in contact with strong cleaning agents, rubber gloves will be provided. Incumbent will wear prescribed clothing provided at all times while on duty.
5. Incumbent will wear prescribed clothing provided at all times while on duty.
6. The position will include exposure to pets/pet environments.
This job is located in RAF Mildenhall, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Civilian Personnel Office
The Civilian Personnel Office offers a full range of strategic human resource support to the United Kingdom, and Norway. Support is given to appropriated funded, Ministry of Defence, and Local National Direct Hire employees. We provide world class service thro...